Immediate BSOD when running NTLite stable or beta

phedders

Help - can you please tell me why I cant run NTLite? I've installed the stable and Beta versions in a fresh Windows10 (1809) running in a KVM virtual machine - and when I run NTlite - I get immediate BSOD and stopcode. I havent got to the point where I can ender a licence key :( or use ntlite.

I should have tested before buying... Right now I have immediate buyers remorse.

Thanks

Hi,

no worries, if I cannot fix it you get a refund.

Let's talk over email for easier file and info sharing.

Are you using 1.7.2.6680? If you are try using 6650 and see if that BSOD's, i have it to hand. :)

Clanger - I have tried NTLite | v1.7.2.6680 and NTLite | v1.8.0.6680
Nuhi - I'm replying now - thanks.

Should I try an older version?

If its a bug with 6680 then both will have it. If 6650 bsod's aswell then its likely a problem on your system. Id have to put 6650 on my one drive, its too big to upload here. If you are willing to try i'll one drive it right away. :) UNless nuhi can give it to you.

NTLite has never given me a bsod, the only things that do are drivers. Have pm'd dl link.

Last edited:
Nooooo - does the same.

I've upgraded to KVM 3.1 too. Very annoying
I just want to make Win10 usable for VM run some access control software. If only Paxton would release a Linux version I'd be set :)

Interestingly when I try to uninstall either version it complains that the setup files are corrupted and I just have to delete from program files.

shouldnt have used w10 1809... clearly (Win10_1809Oct_English_x64.iso)

Should I try 1803? I dont really enjoy doing windows installs... but if it works....

yea I do read the registers contant reminders that 1809 sucks badly. Shouldn't have downloaded it. I'll try 1803 (I'm a linux SA and user.... dont have much time for winblows so this is a little (country mile) out of my comfort zone....)

Thanks

Question, why are you using windows 10, is it a software or hardware requirement and 7 and 8.1 wont work?

Windows 10 is just fine, here we are probably looking at some kind of KVM (Linux VM) driver/emulation issues.
This is the first report of this kind, so let's wait a bit until I'm done before insulting Windows :).

However I would recommend to update that Windows installation to the latest, just in case something was fixed for this situation.
Please download and install these to that OS:
1809 Servicing Stack

1809 Cumulative Update

Intel CPU update for 1809

Let me know if it helps, also we are continuing in parallel over the email for the other test.

Thanks.

Sadly Win7 doesnt quite work with the application (Paxton Net2 Pro) - it crashes. I am hoping they will fix that because I'd prefer 7 anyway. Its way quicker in my VM's! And doesnt sit spinning on CPU doing nothing....

Thanks Nuhi - I'll do those tests for you.

Ok I've inflicted those updates on my poor VM. I think they are titled "update for windows" "update for windows" and "update for windows" . Or maybe it was "fish" each time.

But still the test version doesnt show any debug - it just crashes windows immediately.

I've just got 1803 built. The test version showed C1 C2 C3 V1... and is running.

So it looks like 1809 is work of a madman.

Thankyou :)

Back