How can I create lightest possible Windows 10

Xhemal1325

Hi guys ,So i want to strip down Windows 10 to lightest as possible, what do i need, browsing, office, pdf, nothing more , i dont need windows updates, windows defender or any bloat there is inside .
P.s i have NTLite Pro, and know how to use it . If someone can share his XML too

So any help ?

Last edited:
AeonX my presets wont be suitable because they are for beginners. OP could try MT_ s project or Sam85s suggestion.

yeah, i have a barebone for 1607(ltsb), forgot about that but its 4 years old, nuhi has added more stuff and i would treat newer w10 builds as a new os, i even treat ltsb and ltsc as individual os's. so much will have changed i wouldnt even try that on newer builds. OP needs to find an updated project(xml) suitable for his build.

you might get away with using a preset on either build from the same year but theres no guarantee it would work on both without changing it in some way. if OP uses my presets on any build that are not built on and for then i wont be helping if he gets into trouble.

Last edited:
Select in Components - Compatibilities which functionality you want protected.
I suggest OOBE, System fonts and hardware list for the targeted machine.
Then you can remove all the components that you don't need, just be careful with Drivers and Hardware Support - Individual components, leave those sections for last.

With VMs you can test the outcome, and go from there, no harm done - just remember to protect hardware drivers needed for the targeted machine.
That's what the hardware list protection in Compatibilities is for, as the basis.
Also read the Apply page red warnings if any, like you need to keep at least one boot manager, start menu will be removed etc.

Only download and install software that is useful to you.
7-Zip is able to opens all all files and allows to create of new archives in a secure way.
PassGeeker provid some effective tutorial and software to reset any password for Windows 10.

Last edited:
Hi guys ,So i want to strip down Windows 10 to lightest as possible, what do i need, browsing, office, pdf, nothing more , i dont need windows updates, windows defender or any bloat there is inside .
P.s i have NTLite Pro, and know how to use it . If someone can share his XML too

So any help ?
Before you go to create a lightest possible ISO for Windows 10, you need make a list of the programs do you use and them start at this point so you can customize your ISO following the list and them test in a VM if everything is working or not. I recommend to see Clanger presets even if is outdated as he says before, but is a start point to you create something similar

Back