How can I solve the problem offline servicing in Windows 10

Clanger

Staff member
LTSC 1809 preset v5 17763.2114 20220406.xml.

Mod note: Preset copied over from deleted thread. Sorry for the date ordering.

Attachments

• v5 17763.2114 20220406.xml
    17.9 KB
Last edited:
Hi. I removed several components from the system but I don't know which one is causing the problemI removed several components from the system but I don't know which one is causing the problem offline servicing in the installation of windows 10 pro 1809 Screenshot_1.png

on ntlite software there are presets you created or autosaved on right side. right click them to export or open directory to copy. then share here.

on ntlite software there are presets you created or autosaved on right side. right click them to export or open directory to copy. then share here.
I think this is it, right?

Attachments

• Sesión guardada automáticamente {82C41722-56AD-4B37-AF08-1BFB52F77062}.xml
    21.8 KB
Windows 10 1809 is now End Of Life, that means you wont be able to install/integrate any new updates on it. I had the same problem with 1903.

This applies to
Windows 10 Home, version 1809
Windows 10 Pro, version 1809
Windows 10 Pro for Education, version 1809
Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809
Windows 10 IoT Core, version 1809
Windows 10 Education, version 1803 and version 1809
Windows 10 Enterprise, version 1803 and version 1809
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise, version 1803 and version 1809

Only Enterprise S(LTSC) is still active, Here.
Listing
Start Date​
Mainstream End Date​
Extended End Date​
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
Nov 13, 2018​
Jan 9, 2024​
Jan 9, 2029​

Last edited:
You dont, unless you use updates that were issued before it went eol. I had the same issue with 1903 a while back.
Wait till our ubergeeks comment and see what they say.
If you absolutely must stick with 1809 then LTSC 1809 will be your only option.
LTSC doesnt have full/any Store.

Last edited:
MS ended support for version 1809 on May 2021.

Your preset removes several Servicing Stack components, which breaks your ability to update (including by hand). "Servicing Stack" is disabled in the Compatibility settings. If you need to stay on 1809, then integrate the last set of updates.

KB5003171 May 2021 Cumulative Update
KB5003243 May 2021 Servicing Stack
KB5010580 Feb 2022 .NET (not dependent on OS version)

I personally haven't come across your error, but that screen looks like it was during the actual install process of Windows, so I'm betting that when it tried to connect to Windows Update that it is going to continue to give you a hard time even if you resolve the "stack" issue specifically (because Microsoft wants to force everyone to upgrade from older versions).

Here's something to try, unplug your computer from the internet before you go to reformat and reinstall your new NTLite Windows. During the installation process it tries to connect to Microsoft and download updates and apps, and this is probably why you are experiencing the error message that you posted.

Even if you are successful though with that method, ultimately you will need to disable Windows Update, and potentially Windows Defender too, because there is a ton of self repair processes in Windows 10 and eventually they will find a way to force you to upgrade from 1809 without your consent or knowledge and when you go to login one day it will be a new version and all your settings and stuff will be reset to defaults.

Is there any particular reason why you need version 1809 Pro to use? I think that's what the other guys are getting at too, you may be able to more easily solve your issues in general by migrating to the November 2021 21H2 ISO from Microsoft.

I personally haven't come across your error, but that screen looks like it was during the actual install process of Windows, so I'm betting that when it tried to connect to Windows Update that it is going to continue to give you a hard time even if you resolve the "stack" issue specifically (because Microsoft wants to force everyone to upgrade from older versions).

Here's something to try, unplug your computer from the internet before you go to reformat and reinstall your new NTLite Windows. During the installation process it tries to connect to Microsoft and download updates and apps, and this is probably why you are experiencing the error message that you posted.

Even if you are successful though with that method, ultimately you will need to disable Windows Update, and potentially Windows Defender too, because there is a ton of self repair processes in Windows 10 and eventually they will find a way to force you to upgrade from 1809 without your consent or knowledge and when you go to login one day it will be a new version and all your settings and stuff will be reset to defaults.

Is there any particular reason why you need version 1809 Pro to use? I think that's what the other guys are getting at too, you may be able to more easily solve your issues in general by migrating to the November 2021 21H2 ISO from Microsoft.
The reason why I use the 1809 is because it is the one that offers the best performance with respect to gaming and I tried to install it in a virtual machine which did not have an internet connection.

MS ended support for version 1809 on May 2021.

Your preset removes several Servicing Stack components, which breaks your ability to update (including by hand). "Servicing Stack" is disabled in the Compatibility settings. If you need to stay on 1809, then integrate the last set of updates.

KB5003171 May 2021 Cumulative Update
KB5003243 May 2021 Servicing Stack
KB5010580 Feb 2022 .NET (not dependent on OS versi
Thanks by chance do you know what the differences are between the 1809 1809 V2 1809 V3?

Some gamers really like 20H2 for low latency, and it's supported until May 2022.

MS will sometimes replace the original ISO with a v2, v3 edition (with pre-installed updates). You still have to install recent updates, because they never release a "final edition" of any build.
Build 17763.1 - Sep 2018 (RTM)
Build 17763.107 - Oct 2018 "v2"
Build 17763.379 - Mar 2019 "v3"

Pl try 1904x build base uup dump iso . integerate latest updates to it via ntlite then slim it down how much you want. i am doing the same in my thread at ntlite & getting peak performance .
you can give it a try one time if it wont perform according to your needs you can then go back to the build you are researching on to slim it down the most.pl dont give up till you get it working with your hardware even if it results in more then hundreds & hundreds of tries.

I think this is it, right?
Thanks for the feedback.
Confirmed, it is the 'Servicing Stack' component.
Will see if it's worth improving that for the following reason.

The setup will hang a bit later even with it kept, as you removed some of the OOBE (Windows setup) components.
To solve that easily, after loading your preset, enable Components - toolbar - Out of the box experience.
This also protects the above mentioned component as well.

However, the unexpected next requirement was the Runtime Broker, will see if 1809 needs that in the OOBE compatibility.

To remove more after that, try the Templates in the Components page toolbar as a quick start.

Let us know how it goes. In short enable OOBE compatibility and keep Runtime Broker.

Confirmed, Servicing Stack (64-bit) is necessary, as it was in the OOBE compatibility already.

Added Runtime Broker to it as well from the next update, same story on Win11, this was a newer component so it slipped the radar in regards to OOBE.

Thanks.

Back