How do I add EXE/MSI as "passive" Files?

You can add any file to Post-Setup, and they show up as type „passive“. Exe/MSI files show up as type „Installer“. How can I add Exe/MSI files as „passive“?

For .msi files, for example MicrosoftEdgeEnterpriseX64.msi version 91.0.864.54, I use I don't use the /passive option but /qn

Clearly I'm talking about using NTLITE ...

I think he's referring to this:
Post-Setup
This page automates execution of apps and scripts at the end of an image installation, or directly after processing if used live.
Use the Add drop-down in the toolbar to add files, commands or see existing templates.
A file can be an installer, or a passive file, type of each can be seen in the Type column.

Installers will be automatically copied and executed during deployment, then deleted from the temporary location.
Make sure all the installers have their correct silent switches set in the Parameters box, otherwise the installation will hang at the login screen.

Passive files will not be executed, just copied and deleted after all the installers are done.
You can use passive files in the installer parameters, syntax listed on the passive file’s Parameters box as read-only ready for copying.

NTLite is auto-detecting the file type, so you can't use the menu option to add EXE/MSI files as passive. The same functionality can be done by copying your files to the mounted image directory, under folder "sources\$OEM$\$$\Setup\Files".

Everything in that folder will be deleted, when setup exits. If you need to keep files around, write a script to copy from "%WINDIR%\Setup\Files\" to your target directory.

Last edited:
Back