How does NTLite get the latest updates from Microsoft Catalog server

vineelkovvuri

Hi All,

First of the thanks for the awesome tool. I am interested to know how ntlite figures out from Microsoft catalog site what is the latest cumulative update for windows 10 platforms. More specifically how does it know the KB number for a given platform(say RS1, RS2 etc). Does it scrape the Microsoft catalog website to get this info or does Microsoft provide any rest API for it?

Thanks in advance,
Vineel

Question: Will the new NTLite 1.7 automatically remove obsolete KB's, say during a Live (In Place) operation?

I ask because, as reported elsewhere here in this forum, Micro$oft occasionally issues bad KB's - or KB's that need to be updated later. It would be nice if NTLite saw those and removed them for us.

I suppose that bad KB's can be uninstalled manually - although if I understand correctly, you have to keep the archives. But most of us delete/clean up the archives after a while.

And who keeps track of bad KB's anyway? (Nuhi does!)

Last edited:
pmikep, there is no plan to pre-uninstall replaced packages, that is like asking for trouble, as you touched upon.
It's better to install the latest over it. The packages are split into sub-packages, so they update only the changes, the old package is not actually fully discarded even when superseded.
In other words, the new package which replaced the old one, has identical parts in it, that is why the delta updating is possible.

Back