How to change the default img0.jpg wallpaper & other suggestions

SM03

Hello @nuhi & all,

I'm a new user of NTlite & a new member of this forum. I want to know the following things, I don't know whether those features are already added there in existing NTlite version or not, so if it's already there then kindly show me the correct way to implement else considers these as a suggestion to implement in future upcoming builds

1. I want to change the default wallpaper that is img0.jpg to my preferred image but not seeing any direct option to do so via NTlite by accessing the mounted ISO, how can I change or replace it with any other image to make that the default wallpaper

2. More option to fine-tuning the OOBE should be added to fine tune the OOBE for a completely unattended setup like disable or skiing the Cortana art, set a PIN, personal or organizational usage etc.

3. There is some issue in the NTlite latest version as I've already added the latest cumulative update KB4103721 but after installation, it's still on 17134.1 & showing the CU in Windows update. Don't know what's wrong there.

4. Can't add some drivers like Intel INF & MEI which has exe & msi based installers, any way to get those drivers with or without the INF file with NTLite

Hi SM03,

1. no such option for now, to update files manually see here.

2. many options are on the Unattended and Settings pages, you can achieve total automation, however not all choices may be present and would be set to default if skipped. Let me know an example one which you need and why, after setting everything from the page that is available.

3. didn't notice that, did you properly save the image? See here the part about handling NTLite (skip the update download portion).

4. must be INF, sometimes EXE installers have a switch to extract their content, or if you installed them, their payloud sometimes is in Program Files. Try googling how to extract it, run the installer with /? and see what it offers.

1. I will try that, also request you to implement that in NTLite GUI in future builds

2. yes, I've already mentioned some examples in my post earlier, like
disable or skipping the Cortana part or predefined that,
preset a password or PIN
preset MS online or offline acc
Use the system as personal or organizational usage etc.

3. yes, I just saw another thread where the user faced the same issue & you relied there
ref link
https://www.ntlite.com/community/in...4103721-could-not-be-implented.380/#post-3475

FYI, I used the v1803 RTM ISO i.e. 17134.1 that I got from the MCT

4. I didn't get this point clearly, can you elaborate or ref to any tutorial link or video

You can only integrate the actual driver files. You cannot integrate the installer, but you can add the installer oackage to the Post Setup page. Installers always have options and user license agreements you have to agree to so you have to make the installer run silent so you will need to add a silent switch. Usually these would be /s, example - driver-setup.exe /s, thhe actual switch or switches needed for your required driver installer may vary.

Some driver packages are difficult to extract using tools like 7zip etc so you are better installing them on a running system and copying them.

Below is an example of amd ahci sata drivers

amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_sata.cat
amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_sata.INF
amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_sata.PNF
amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_sata.sys
amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_xata.sys

You can only integrate the actual driver files. You cannot integrate the installer, but you can add the installer oackage to the Post Setup page. Installers always have options and user license agreements you have to agree to so you have to make the installer run silent so you will need to add a silent switch. Usually these would be /s, example - driver-setup.exe /s, thhe actual switch or switches needed for your required driver installer may vary.

Some driver packages are difficult to extract using tools like 7zip etc so you are better installing them on a running system and copying them.

Below is an example of amd ahci sata drivers

amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_sata.cat
amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_sata.INF
amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_sata.PNF
amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_sata.sys
amd_sata.inf_amd64_neutral_afcf0d527fc5e7d3\amd_xata.sys

there must be a way to extract the inf files from the exe installer as @nuhi said earlier, I don't know about that much hence asked here, I tried WinRAR & 7zip but mostly they don't work in order to extract those files properly from an exe installer, if you or anyone know any method let me know

@nuhi
IS there any way to integrate the Malicious Software Removal Tool.exe into the update section with the ISO
Also, what about the no 3 issue I listed earlier, did you check it with your latest NTLite version

Intels installer is usually inf files as far as i am aware. I would double check see if intel has them in a zip file, if they havnt, pop over to Win-Raid for advice and help with drivers, Fernando's is a goldmine :). He is very fussy about using drivers from trusted sources.

1. I want to change the default wallpaper that is img0.jpg to my preferred image but not seeing any direct option to do so via NTlite by accessing the mounted ISO, how can I change or replace it with any other image to make that the default wallpaper
1.- Remove Wallpapers with NTLite, Uncheck the Wallpaper (default).

You can put your new default img0.jpg here:
sources\$OEM$\$$\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

It works!

there must be a way to extract the inf files from the exe installer as @nuhi said earlier, I don't know about that much hence asked here, I tried WinRAR & 7zip but mostly they don't work in order to extract those files properly from an exe installer, if you or anyone know any method let me know

Search for Uniextract, if that doesn't help, i think nothing would help.

When i can't get the drivers from the 'vendors' usually i get them at 'Windows Catalog' or 'devid.drp.su' (extract only the driver files with 7zip or winrar because if double click the exe file, you'll get adware).

You can go to driver's properties and check details, find the vendor ID (ven) and produt id (dev), to search in duckduckgo or google you can use the same search termns or use vid instead of ven and pid instead of dev.
Code:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=ven_1022%20dev_1537%20windows%207

Last edited:
Intels installer is usually inf files as far as i am aware. I would double check see if intel has them in a zip file, if they havnt, pop over to Win-Raid for advice and help with drivers, Fernando's is a goldmine :). He is very fussy about using drivers from trusted sources.
yes, I only find the INTEL chipset INF files over there that forum you mentioned, but I am asking this for each & every kind of driver where the INF file is directly not available or accessible via the exe or msi installer so that I can slipstream those via NTLite. Moreover I also asked Fernando for other driver INF files modded version i.e. Intel Serial IO & Intel MEI & others like he did with Intel chipset, but he replied me that he doesn't modify any driver upon anyone's demand or request, so asked here

1.- Remove Wallpapers with NTLite, Uncheck the Wallpaper (default).

You can put your new default img0.jpg here:
sources\$OEM$\$$\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

It works!

Search for Uniextract, if that doesn't help, i think nothing would help.

When i can't get the drivers from the 'vendors' usually i get them at 'Windows Catalog' or 'devid.drp.su' (extract only the driver files with 7zip or winrar because if double click the exe file, you'll get adware).

You can go to driver's properties and check details, find the vendor ID (ven) and produt id (dev), to search in duckduckgo or google you can use the same search termns or use vid instead of ven and pid instead of dev.
Code:
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=ven_1022%20dev_1537%20windows%207

1. Yes, I am following the workaround that @nuhi mentioned in his first comment for changing the default wallpaper, hoe it would work

& for the driver INF issue, I will take a look Uniextract as you suggested, apart from that, yes, MS catalogue is a good place too where I got some of my drivers INF files, still I was wondering that if there could be a way to extract INF properly from driver packages so asked here

any workaround to convert the Microsoft Silverlight (KB4023307) & Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) exes to .MSU so those can be added directly via the update integration section in NTlite

There are updates that can't be integrated:

2533552.-Notes
You must install this update package on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system. You cannot install this update on an offline image.
In a Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) environment, this update is marked as "Exclusive." You will only be offered this update if you have installed all other updates that are marked as "Important."

2603229.- Note for OEMs and system builders

Do not slipstream this update into preconfigured operating system images. You must run this update only after the operating system is installed and the Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE) is finished.

Sometimes there's no info about it.

Last edited:
@Kasual
Are the changelog number that you mentioned in your post, is from the latest NTLite build development. Also, my issue is not concerned about Win7 or server

Also, I would like to mention that after adding the latest KB CU update for 1803 into the RTM 17134.1, my build was showing the version info as 17134.48 correctly in winter after a clean installation via that ISO that I made from the earlier build of NTLite, but still WU is showing that KB update, maybe it is some bug that @nuhi may fix in upcoming build

@Kasual
Are the changelog number that you mentioned in your post, is from the latest NTLite build development. Also, my issue is not concerned about Win7 or server
Those are KB numbers (updated with links and is a clarification to this:

any workaround to convert the Microsoft Silverlight (KB4023307) & Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830) exes to .MSU so those can be added directly via the update integration section in NTlite

And the msu updates are installers with cab files packed in them, you can open the MSU with file compressors/extractors as 7zip.

The best option is to add it to the post setup page, just drag and drop in that page.

Last edited:
Those are KB numbers (updated with links and is a clarification to this:

Those updates are for win7 & win server 2008, & here I am taling about win10 v1803 latest CU

And the msu updates are installers with cab files packed in them, you can open the MSU with file compressors/extractors as 7zip.

The best option is to add it to the post setup page, just drag and drop in that page.

actually, I am not asking for or to MSU extraction, rather I want to convert the exe files like Silverlight & MSRT exes to cab or MSU package so that those can be integrated via the update section

@nuhi can you suggest anything here in this matter, & did you check the KB update issue in your latest build, is that a bug or what

Back