How to completely remove EdgeUpdate

devilink

How to completely remove EdgeUpdate.
In Ntlite I removed: edgeupdate, Microsoft Edge (Legacy)', MicrosoftEdgeDevToolsClient.
After installation I found that in the registration there is also: DoNotUpdateToEdgeWithChromium=1
After installing the system with iso, I can't see anything in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft, but after restarting it will automatically download EdgeUpdate for installation: EdgeCore, EdgeWebView.
It seems that deleting edge in ntlite has no effect.

in C:\Windows\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-edgechromium_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.19041.1266_none_74657031110a9d30\Edge.wim

This contains all the files of edge,
I want to delete edgeupdate in edge.wim, but it doesn't work with 7z.
Is there any good way to deal with it?

Last edited:
When you re-install the monthly CU, it adds Edge back as you can already see from the Edge.wim file. You have to pick from not installing CU, or use NTLite's licensed feature to remove reinstalls after adding the monthly updates.

There is no way to split update components to block Edge by itself. It's a Windows limitation.

当您重新安装每月 CU 时,它会重新添加 Edge,正如您已经从 Edge.wim 文件中看到的那样。您必须选择不安装 CU,或使用 NTLite 的许可功能在添加每月更新后删除重新安装。

没有办法拆分更新组件来单独阻止 Edge。这是 Windows 的限制。
现在的问题是它一打开就自动下载和安装:edgeupdate。

有没有办法阻止它?

或者只能保留他的存在,只是禁止它的服务自动启动。

Disabling or removing EdgeUpdater doesn't help, it's included in the CU. This only works if you don't update Windows.

Back