How to create a multi language ISO?

Vista2003

Hi,

Since MS has taken down Windows 7 downloads, I was wondering how I could create an ISO with all the languages bundled in. So far, I have tried to just integrate language packs in and that hasn't worked as I hoped as the setup still only shows English and not the 34 other languages that I wanted to include. I was wondering what other steps that I needed to do to get the installer to show the other install languages.
Screenshot 2021-08-09 115303.png

Vista2003, was boot.wim automatically updated after language integration?
Maybe copying the original over it or not copying to the USB the new one?

I'm not sure how to tell if boot.wim was updated or not. I selected update integration which all the .wims that were in the ISO file that I was using. For reference, it's the official August 2018 Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 ISO downloaded straight from Microsoft. I'm uploading a copy of the generated ISO up to the cloud and will be sharing a link so you can have a look.

I'm not sure how to tell if boot.wim was updated or not. I selected update integration which all the .wims that were in the ISO file that I was using. For reference, it's the official August 2018 Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 ISO downloaded straight from Microsoft. I'm uploading a copy of the generated ISO up to the cloud and will be sharing a link so you can have a look.

You should use clean SP1 image and integrate all updates using NTLite, this mentioned image is worst Microsoft image ever. If I remember correctly, it have integrated two cumulative updates and final image is really messed up..

WinPE (boot.wim) requires the language packs from Windows 7 AIK to work. Or just run abbodi's script ;)

Windows 7 Multilingual Distribution Creator​

• A mostly automated way to add language packs to Windows 7 SP1 distribution, resulting a multilingual ISO, including:
  • Choice of language at setup
  • Languages packs preinstalled so that you can switch between them in Windows.
  • Multilingual Windows Recovery Environment (if standard WinPE localization is on)
  • Only Ultimate and Enterprise Editions has the ability to change the display language normally after install
  • Supports updating one-architecture distributions (x86 or x64), or custom AIOs that have both architectures together in one install.wim

Last edited:
Back