How to Disable/Remove Windows Update, Defender, Security Center

dkovacevic

Tried both Beta and Stable version; having trouble easily removing these.

From this site:
ntlite does an excellent job
;)

1. Components / Windows Apps / System Apps / Untick Windows Defender > Apply
2. Settings / Windows Defender / Open Windows Defender and Disable > Apply

I went to these sections; did not see Windows Defender?

I have made an attempt, going through as many of the available options as possible. The image produced was very close to what was desired; Security Center, Windows Updates, and Windows Defender were gone. However, the network adapter showed "disconnected" (in VMWare Player).

On second attempt, re-enabled some things (specifically remember a few things related to "Windows Filtering Platform"), and got even closer- started getting 169.254 IP address on adapter in VMWare, but still not quite working. (Stock image works fine in VMWare- IP address for network adapter, and Internet).

To remove Windows Defender, Just make sure you unchecked the compatibility things in NTLite and also go to settings and disable everything about windows defender. Also, make sure you have a .reg file with disable it through windows registry to make sure windows not try recover it after latest updates installed. And about the internet may have a problem with something you remove, with windows defender should not have any problems. I made an ISO without it and test in VirtualBox Ethernet connection Works perfectly

Back