How to make ONE tiny change to previous preset?

Ceyarrecks

I think I have found my error in a previous preset install.
But to assure I do not make any assumptions in the NTLite process; Exactly how do I run the exact same preset as was Auto-Saved,
but make ONE change to its settings (in this case not remove a specific component) yet keep everything else?

Would it be:
[have "fresh" OEM/Disk install files in nearby directory]
[have patches also in nearby directory]
[launch NTLite]
[dismount ALL old images/directories]
[mount fresh image directory]
[load previous Auto-Saved preset]
[dig down into settings and remove(or add) check to indicate component removal]
[go to end, make new .iso file name]
[run process...]

This process feels familiar, as does the foreboding that having done so many times in past and not having met with success,...

Last edited:
Load an untouched image
click twice the autosaved or right click on autosaved and select load
You can save the iso with another name, in the Apply page uncheck the Create ISO then check and it will ask for a name

working well so far!
thank you for the clarification.
ugh, talk about a needle in a haystack,...
I did a side-by-side comparison of the .xml former and auto-saved presets, found only a small amount of differences; so am loading a new iso onto a flashdrive and seeing if the application in question is prevented from installing,...

You can rename the autosaved presets, when testing, you can add "key" components name to the file name to know what you are removing or keeping to troubleshoot or add numbers as identifier to know what worked or not and how slimmed it is.

Having an updated image as base is better than integrating updates every time and that step will be skipped.

Back