How to perfectly replace Notepad with Notepad2 on Windows 11?

1XX7OqiZ

I currently have notepad set to off in windows 11 fod and have removed notepad

Want to fix and replace perfectly by means of the registry

Use notepad2 to replace the notepad that comes with windows 11

have tips and experiences?

Did you check out Notepad2's website?

https://www.flos-freeware.ch/doc/notepad2-FAQs.html

How to use the Notepad2 Setup Tool to install and update Notepad2?​

The Notepad2 Setup Tool can be used to replace Windows Notepad with Notepad2, using a clean, unintrusive registry-based method (read about the technical details).

The Windows Notepad can be restored by uninstalling Notepad2 from the Control Panel. Uninstalling will also remove the Notepad2 settings stored in %APPDATA%\Notepad2.ini, therefore backup this file manually if you'd like to keep the settings. Installing a newer version of Notepad2 will not overwrite existing settings.

The setup tool accepts the /QUIET (or equivalent /SILENT) and /EXTRACT command line switches. Note that QUIET mode does not suppress the UAC prompt. The switches also work as part of the filename, i.e. the setup tool can be renamed to "Notepad2-Install-Silent.exe" to always launch in QUIET mode.

You need at least one version of Notepad installed in order to use the Debugger trick. I believe the OP removed both versions, and that won't create the required file type associations for Explorer to use.

I want to get the repair steps
1 patch back right click new txt
2 Fix the association setting of right click edit for .TXT .INI .BAT .CMD and other suffix files to notepad2
3 Fix the association setting of right-click open for .TXT .INI .BAT .CMD and so on suffix files to notepad2

I want to get the repair steps
1 patch back right click new txt
2 Fix the association setting of right click edit for .TXT .INI .BAT .CMD and other suffix files to notepad2
3 Fix the association setting of right-click open for .TXT .INI .BAT .CMD and so on suffix files to notepad2
The path of notepad2 is set to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\notepad.exe

I hope you guys help me Thanks!
It would be great if there is a registry file for me to integrate offline

- Apply both reg files (modify Notepad2.reg if install location is different)
- From Settings, make legacy Notepad the default
Hello! I would like to get this attachment, but I can't download it because my mouse doesn't respond when I click on it. Is there another link? Thank you!

There is nothing wrong with the link, i would check your mouse to make sure it is connected properly as the link works fine

Did you read the previous posts? Your first post says you removed Notepad.

I answered abbodi's registry fix depends on having Notepad installed to override the current settings. W11 is very different about how it handles file associations (they're protected now). Reinstall Notepad before trying again.

Back