IE CAB issue (NTLite 1.7.0.6500)

Matrix180

Hello,

Thanks for this new version.

I have a problem with this one.

The version 1.7.0.6500 is unable to integrate Language pack for Internet Explorer 11.
Also, spelling and hyphenation libraries for additional languages are ignored.
I want integrate them into Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 32 bits, French language.

All was OK with version 1.6.3.6400.

The files to integrate for Internet Explorer 11 with French language pack are the following:

IE-Win7.CAB
ielangpack-fr-FR.CAB
IE-Hyphenation-en.MSU
IE-Hyphenation-fr-FR.MSU
IE-Spelling-en.MSU
IE-Spelling-fr-FR.MSU

With 1.6.3.6400, the six files are integrated. All is OK.
With 1.7.0.6500, only three files are integrated. The language pack is ignored.

Perhaps 1.7 version does not allow two updates with the same KB number.

NTLite 1.6.3.6400:

NTLite 1.7.0.6500:

The language pack, spelling library (french) and hyphenation library (french) are ignored. Only 171 updates are integrated instead of 174.
Of course, after installation, IE11 user interface is in english, not french...

Thanks,

Last edited:
Matrix180, thanks! Fixed in 6522, sorry for the delay, new Windows release always does that.

So, one word of warning, adding IE FR lang pack in my tests corrupts the image, so I guess you need to have the corresponding Windows language pack underneath when adding other IE languages. Hyphenation and Spelling did not have this dependency.

Let me know if this one behaves as expected.

Matrix180, thanks! Fixed in 6522, sorry for the delay, new Windows release always does that.
Thank you!

So, one word of warning, adding IE FR lang pack in my tests corrupts the image, so I guess you need to have the corresponding Windows language pack underneath when adding other IE languages. Hyphenation and Spelling did not have this dependency.

Of course, I use a french version of Windows. The Windows french language pack is preinstalled in the original image.

I think IE11 and Windows are very interdependent. This explains why the same language must be used for both.

Let me know if this one behaves as expected.
It works now (version 1.7.0.6522).

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Back