Image opereation aborted

ThomasL

Hello,

since an update of NTlite it won´t load my wim´s anymore.

I tried to Change the temp / working Directorys but that doesn´t fix this error.

Thanks for your help :)

Attachments

• Ashampoo_Snap_2018.05.22_15h56m28s_001_.png
    Ashampoo_Snap_2018.05.22_15h56m28s_001_.png
    53.3 KB
Hi Thomas,

that doesn't look familiar, are you sure it's not an antivirus locking it in the background or a bad image file?

- Please try reverting back the temp folder and turn off Custom Scratch folder (careful as Scratch folder is being autodeleted, so best is not to customize it).
To reset the temp folder, just set it to empty (del all characters) and press OK.

- Make sure the image is ok, for example mount it with the GImageX tool.

- And suspend or uninstall the antivirus you might be using.

- uninstall MS ADK if you have it installed.

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Nuhi,

i turned back the temp Folder and also deactivated the Antivirus.
I tried a fresh wim out of an iso DVD
MS ADK is also uninstalled.

Error still exists.
I get this error since an update of ntlite a couple weeks ago, so i think it´s a change you made in one update.

the last ist in german, that means System cannot move the file to another drive :)

Hi Thomas,

OK, let me ask some more:
- please try the GImageX tool, as example of something else using the Windows image mounting engine.
As NTLite is not actually mounting itself, I would first like to isolate the issue.
Here is an example how the mounting with that tool looks like. Don't forget to Unmount after.
- it also could be file permissions, try to remove any read-only or especially if NTFS permissions were changed on the root with inheritance or the files themselves.
- did you confirm it's the new version, do you need an old version to try, which?

Thanks.

Hi Nuhi,

gImage can´t Mount it either. error: ??? . That´s really strange.

Do you have the possibility to test it on a Windows 10 1709 with May CU?
I think maybe it comes from the Microsoft update. In march it worked perfect.
Maybe you have also a Version of ntlite from march. Then i can test this one too.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Thomas,

tried build 6190 on 1709.461 and no error mounting a 1803 image.

You could run a Host Refresh of your main OS to fix it.
NTLite has a Wizard for that (Source page - toolbar Wizard - Host Refresh), or just run setup.exe from the root of a pre-updated ISO.
That should fix all your issues, just make sure to answer Keep files and apps when asked by the setup.
Make sure there is no autounattend.xml in the root next to setup.exe file.

Let me know how it goes if you try.

I tried to refresh and so on, but after that my Windows was broken :/

So i had to reinstall completly. One good Thing, the error is gone now :)

Thanks!

OK, sorry/glad to hear that :)

While Host Refresh is a Windows built-in function, I'm always interested in potential issues while advising people on its use.
- were you trying to use the ISO of the same or newer Windows version as the host one?
- was the used ISO just pre-patched, or RTM?
- was there any removals on the host prior?

Thanks.

It was the same Version of Windows. But there was the same error as discussed before ;)
I tried to uninstall some updates of Windows, and at this Point my Windows crashed :/
Stupid Microsoft i would say :) My Problem is solved now, after 2 Days of reinstalling ^^

Thanks for your help nuhi

Back