Important question (Kaspersky AV)

Dav1

Hello friends

i am posting because i need your help

I am a user of this wonderful NTLITE software

I am on Windows 11, I also have the latest version of NTLITE taken from the official site https://www.ntlite.com/download/

My kaspersky antivirus detected NTLITE as a 'trojan horse' virus

do you have any solutions please where it could come from

because I can't afford to continuously deactivate my antivirus thank you

Attachments

• NTLITE 2023-05-19 191826.png
    NTLITE 2023-05-19 191826.png
    19.1 KB
  • Capture d’écran 2023-05-19 171929.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-05-19 171929.png
    26.7 KB
The NTLite program notifies you that this will be a problem with a pop-up message because it's messing with Windows files, so antivirus programs complaining is expected. They also slow down NTLite, and can corrupt things like downloaded Windows updates. All antivirus needs to be temporarily disabled while using NTLite. If you're paranoid about security you could unplug from the internet and/or go into network settings and disable your ethernet/wi-fi adapter while using NTLite.

For your benefit, I took my NTLite folder and uploaded the whole thing to virustotal.com and everything came back clean. I attached that screenshot to this reply. You can try the same, just zip the folder and upload it.

Attachments

• VirusScan.png
    VirusScan.png
    75.8 KB
The solution is to add C:\Program Files\NTLite\NTLite.exe to your A/V exclusion list.

Based on previous reports, Kaspersky and Norton software are more likely to incorrectly identify NTLite as a threat. Defender doesn't make the same conclusion.

Back