Impossible to reinstall printer driver after the host refresh in Win 10 1607

Carlo

I give up! ...... can anyone tell me why I can't install an HP Laserjet Pro printer with this preset? I redid an image of windows 10 home version 1607 to update the system and, while all the other programs after the refresh of the host work regularly, the hp driver in particular the scanner stopped working. I tried to reinstall the driver but at some point it crashes reporting a fatal error.
I don't know what to do anymore, the printer and scanner I need for my work ... I thank those who want to suggest me a solution.
Carl

Use (check) the Printers compatibility option, there are many drivers being removed.

Try to keep these drivers (use search in components page):
c_pnpprinters (plug n play printers)
hidscanner (scanner)
nulhprs8
sti (this is needed for scanner)
tsprint
tsusbhubfilter
wiahp008

You should check what you are removing as printers and scanner drivers needed for scanner and printer devices setup.

MANY THANKS KASUAL! :D
You took away from me a nightmare ...
I recreated an image with the files you listed and the installation went immediately OK!
Later I observed the files that the driver installed and I found the file sti.inf inside and I thought that this was the file that was needed for the installation.
So, one by one I removed the other files (ts print, c_pnpprinters, etc.) from the live installation, I uninstalled the printer and I did it all over again: the installation was successful without problems.

Thanks again for the help, a good day.
Carlo

Back