In 1909 custom clean update backup with Servicing Stack Compatibility disabled breaks the .NET 3.5 enablement

AeonX

nuhi to replicate the problem use a fully updated ISO from version 1909 and use the Custom (Complete) clean update backup in NTLite. In the live system go to Programs and Features in the control panel go to Turn Windows features on or off and check the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0). The operation fails after downloading at the time the changes are applied.

Is that expected? In an ISO without updates (18362.1) this does not happen even if I remove several components with the Servicing Stack Compatibility disabled.

Hi,

it's expected, if disabling Servicing Stack, the tool enters deep removal mode and does not care about package compatibility.

Sure, no updates, nothing to clean.

If you need to fix it without reinstalling, check the Host Refresh method.

Thanks for the answer. I thought it was expected. I think it will be best to integrate .NET 3.5 and remove Windows Update since it looks like it becomes useless with deep removal mode. Not even to enable .net 3.5 it serves.

You can remove Windows Update and still keep Servicing Stack compatibility turned on, and install updates with NTLite.
But of course if you want deep removals (to disable Servicing Stack compatibility), then no package installations or configuration after the cleanup/removal.

Back