Integrate Drivers - Bug/Design Report

Hi Nuhi,

Doing some different bug test.

I found one, but not sure if it's your design, or a bug. When I am adding drivers which is located in C:\Windows_10_Builder\DRIVERS, drivers just couldn't be add into the list. Not responding at all.

But if I put the DRIVERS at Desktop, it's working fine.

Can you verify?

both paths have the inf files or maybe there is a zip package instead of inf file?
Try it :)

Create any folder name in C:\ or be like mine, put the drivers inside, C:\XXXXX\DRIVERS, then load it.

I choose add drivers from folder.

using the same folder, now you put to desktop, then add in again.

Share with me your result :) A very quick test without compiling. I am using Windows 10 1709 RS3.

Verified, it works ok with me, there is no need to use desktop as drivers folder source.

i'm using beta

Steps:
create folder un c:\
added 'DRIVERS' folder with synaptics drivers
open NTLite
Loaded 1709 home x64
open tab Drivers
add - folder drivers
then i saw listed x64 and x86 drivers (image source only includes pro and home x64)

@dennisfong86, thanks for reporting. Can't believe my eyes, but it is acting weird if I do as you describe.
For example there is no progress, I need to go one page then back to refresh and 0 added drivers.

Will fix and report back, thanks!

@nuhi, thanks for following up with this. I thought I am the one having issues with using your tools, after kasual reported all is working fine at his end.

Glad you followed my steps to replicate :)

@nuhi, thanks for following up with this. I thought I am the one having issues with using your tools, after kasual reported all is working fine at his end.

I used these steps:

Try it :)

Create any folder name in C:\ or be like mine, put the drivers inside, C:\XXXXX\DRIVERS, then load it.

@dennisfong86, thanks for reporting. Can't believe my eyes, but it is acting weird if I do as you describe.

Let me help you a little here @nuhi:

Extract, move, copy the drivers to a folder named "Windows*", don´t matter if you add _, - or any other character, any folder in C:\ named Windows* will be skipped, tests:

Windows_10_builder
Windows-10-skipped
Windowsskipped

And added a folder named other than Drivers (there is not any DRIVERS named folder), it is skipped too, so, the issue is not with the DRIVERS named folder, is with the Windows named folder.

I went farther and moved a drivers folder to C:\Windows, it happened too, there are no drives added.

An "easy" solution would be to detect "C:\windows*" folder and ask to rename the folder or move the drivers to another folder.

@Kasual, thanks, that will help and starts making sense. Still haven't started on it, probably done tomorrow.

edit: Fixed for next, after build 5840.

Last edited:
Back