Integration drivers

tistou77

Hello

With a Samsung 980 Pro, the Samsung driver installs but we have a warning message that MS cannot verify the compatibility of the driver with the device (or something like that)
Normally the native Windows driver should be used, but the Samsung driver works better

And so is it possible to integrate this driver and "force" its installation for this disk ?

Thanks

Hello,

where did you get that 980 driver?
On the official page it's not there. For 970 it's still the official 3.3 driver, but 980 has its own separate controller detected, if I'm not mistaken it's "Standard NVM Express Controller".
Driver in Windows 20H2 is from year 2006, must be thoroughly tested by now ;)

How is Samsung's unofficial driver working better, can you please test with CrystalDiskMark 8.0.1 to compare?
More info.

Thanks.

Hello

I am using the Samsung 3.3 driver, it is a little better than the native MS driver (Crystal Disk Mark) ;)

Thanks

OK, I don't know how to push a non-supported device to an INF, without editing and resigning the INF.
If you ever find a way with a policy or something, let me know.
I see that you are already in contact with Fernando, you're in good hands.

Btw any reason why not using the latest CrystalDiskMark 8, is it for backwards compatibility of results, ignoring the fact that newer will test newer NVME more precisely, I'm guessing it might show more differences in PCIe3?

Btw #2, 980Pro has some write issues sometimes, it is not as fast as it should be, like garbage collection does not work.
It's an old known issue, I'm seeing a dropoff in my results as well - but in those random small bits it's still fast and those matter the most anyway.

There is a product (well, as much as 'software' is a product) in the works that might be able to restore slow SSD's. Here is a (free) precursor to it.

Some people say that just running the ReadSpeed benchmark wakes up their SSD's garbage collector and restores some performance. (Note: At this point in time, the bootable USB drive will not boot on some pure UEFI computers. (Like my Dell.))

Back