Internet and Microsoft Account will be required soon on both Windows 11 Home and Pro!

[Edit] Tested it, indeed it's forced, there will be a setup restart if skipping online users and/or no internet.
Solution for now is to select in NTLite to Skip Windows Welcome (SkipMachineOOBE), if pre-setting local users.
Screenshot below.
Make sure to add local account from the toolbar and skip online users, as set in the screenshot for that section.

[Edit2] Another method here.

[Previous msg]
That seems really annoying, and also puzzling why so pushy as they already track hardware ID to automatically activate Windows so they know who you (your machine, like in the login case as well) are.
I guess this is a push to reuse MS account for all the other sites, like Google and Apple did.
As usual use Windows forced settings as a platform, like Edge/Bing for browsing.

Since the article states: "Microsoft has already been enforcing this requirement on Windows 11 Home since launch last October"
I haven't noticed unattended local user not working on it, so it should be fine.
Also I believe disconnecting internet has a similar effect, I doubt they would leave people stranded without a PC if reinstalling offline, but who knows what awaits us down the line even if now all fine.

Attachments

• skipoobe.png
    skipoobe.png
    39.3 KB
Last edited:
MS will never learn to be user friendly but at least we still have you nuhi and it is always very calming to know that you will have an eye on this silly cat and mouse game.:)

Been known since XP days to unplug when installing - no issues.
Other than that - will MS boykot the autounattend - i doubt - but could be funny to know which entreprise company accept their employes is forced to MS Accounts :cool:

Enterprise will not put up with that crap. Leave Home and Pro for normies and get Enterprise edition.

I use Win11 PRO and have no issues so far.
Windows365 is already here - so be interesting if future PC/ Laptop buys only give access to Windows in subscription mode o_O
Naarh - i don't believe.

Why cant gamers use Enterprise editions of windows? there is far less limitations then Server and yet I love Server as an OS for gaming

Windows 11 Enterprise

This one is designed for businesses that need management software solutions. Difference between this and other versions is that for the software one cannot buy an OEM key. You have to buy a volume licensing agreement. So to put the long tech story short it is not for public consumption.

Though it carries the same features as Home and Pro which also have many useful apps for business activity. This means that it shall not affect one’s gaming experience.

It also does not carry any retail version which is not the preferred choice for gaming due to cost. If you wish to have this then one can game on it in a good way, but keep in mind that one needs to set the right permissions so that one can play games on devices that carry the Windows 11 Enterprise.

Because of all these reasons only very few gamers would choose the Enterprise edition for gaming.

Last edited:
You can´t of course because till now it´s only an announcement from MS.
Should I wonder if it still can not be bypassed via autounattend when it gets there? If so, does that mean that if you do not have an online connection, then you can not use your newly purchased laptop in the future with Windows installed? I doubt that is the case.

Life is full of uncertainties. I might be dead tomorrow
emoji_u1f601.png

Hope for the best and plan for the worst :cool:

Im a pessimist so i never get disappointed. If tomorrow turns out crap i expected it. If its a good day thats a pleasant bonus :).

Back