Invalid ISO created with unattended Win10 April 2018 update

storeman

When creating an unattended installation file I get an error saying there is problem with the answerfile for the full Windows 10 image with the April update integrated (freshly downloaded on 30 april).

Without changing any settings, the installation is fine.
When changing some details in the unattended setup, i get errors (see the screenshot).

I've attached my settings file, note: I use the Dutch Windows ISO.

Attachments

• win10-error.PNG
    win10-error.PNG
    12.1 KB
I've attached my autounattend.xml

Now I use the standard ISO with only "hide EULA page" enabled. This an error to. The attached autounattend.xml is with a fully configured Unattended setup.

I can suggest 2 tests:
1.- Try without the autounattend.xml file
If there is an error too, the problem is not with the automated install

2.- Try removing these strings in the autounattend.xml file, i suspect on a special character being used (isn't?)
<ComputerName>PCXXXX</ComputerName>

<RegisteredOrganization>MyCorp</RegisteredOrganization>
<RegisteredOwner>MyCorp</RegisteredOwner>

Verify the ProductKey.

I did a lot of configuration in NTLite, except for the autounattend.xml. I created an autounattend.xml with the Windows ADK toolkit. This worked smoothly. Although the ADK tool is not as userfriendly as NTLite is. I've attached the autounattend.xml which I generated with the toolkit. I still haven't found all the options, but it is a starting point.

I did some more research:
- Fully configured the ISO as I wanted using NTLite
- Opened the autounattend.xml with Windows ADK
- Saved it again
- It WORKS!

The ADK added a line "<cpi:eek:fflineImage...>" and removed the whole block "<ImageInstall>". I think the issue is caused by the <ImageInstall> block which was completely ignored by Windows ADK.

Hope this helps.

Looks like you have typed the key in the wrong field.

The first field is for an activation "response" key, like a key request by phone (this makes me to remember XP activation) and the second field is for Windows Setup.

Go to NTLite, load the source, load the preset and go to the unattended page:
In section:
Leave this field empty:
- Specialize
- Shell Options​
- Product Key (Activation)​

Type in the key (Go to the end) in this field:
- WindowsPE- (Setup options)
- Windows setup options
- User settings
- Product key

Back