Is it "Safe to Remove?"

Kasual

There are many components that most of us don't know if it safe to remove or not because some needs an explanation more than a description and i would like to post here the apps' name and what (i think) they do.

Hardware Support
Internet Printing Client
Needed for printing from Windows Apps​

Network
Client DNS
If you get the error 0x80072EE7, this component is needed for Windows Activation (Automatic Activation) and Microsoft Store, if you didn't remove it, make sure it is not disabled.​

Windows Apps
System Apps​
AAD Broker plugin
Azure Active Directory plugin, is needed for Windows Store Sign in and/or app installs (free apps can be installed without signing in) and depends on Azure Active Directory (used and needed for Ms services).​
EC App
Looking here and there, this component is "Eye Control", it gives you the ability to control the mouse cursor position with your eyes via webcam.​
FamilyControl
Includes Setup account (Add new user account, probably since RS1 in Win 10).​
FileExplorer
File browser (like windows explorer) ability for Apps (not .exe programs) from the store.​
FilePicker
Browse and open a file (for edit or send to a contact) ability for Apps (not .exe programs) from the store.​
immersivecontrolpanel
Settings, the control panel made partially an App.​
Input App
Since v1709 is the Keyboard (made an) App for tablet/touchscreen devices​
PrintDialog
PrintDialog is needed for modern apps like Edge, when print is clicked, does nothing (open and close the dialog like a flash, barely noticed).​

Apps​
GetHelp
Windows Help made an App.​
People
Windows Contacts.​

If i'm wrong, i would like to get corrections.

Last edited:
Sounds about right, I haven't delved too deep as those apps are generically read from the image.
Just I would not say that AAD is needed for Store, let me know if you confirmed otherwise.
Thanks. Will save this for later and it will be helpful when creating custom descriptions for those apps.

Azure Active Directory is needed and used by microsoft services.

If i remove AAD Plugin, windows store gives error 0x80040154 trying to download the App after click to install it.
PrintDialog is needed for modern apps like Edge, when print is clicked, does nothing (open and close the dialog like a flash, barely noticed).

Info Updated.

You are right, "Microsoft.AAD.BrokerPlugin" is included in Store compatibility, my notes state it's also needed for Store Sign-in.

Yeah, that is why in 5675 it is connected to the Tablet OSK component.
Btw will check Speech Recognition, seems like I have missed some protections there; should be easily detachable, as far as 99.99% of the component goes.
Sometimes I put needed parts in both components, and they get removed only if both are.
Thanks.

Updated, added to the list:

DNS Client .- Needed for Windows activation and Microsoft Store, this gives the error 0x80072EE7 when trying to activate and after Ms Store start try to start downloading the app. Safe to remove when other activation method is used and Store is removed.

Internet Printing Client.- Needed for printing, at least, from Edge, removing this, causes the print button to do nothing.

DNS Client is not protected (locked) by Windows Activation compatibility checkmark.

No descriptions in the tool.

Thanks Kasual, will need to test your list and that where my results are the same, will update the tool.
Appreciated, great feedback.

I delete DNS Client in Offline and no problem for activate Windows 10 (auto) :)

Did you used a KMS activator?
Did you checked in Settings?

The error pop up if i remove DNS client, previously, it happened in acer Aspire, today in a small "OEM Alaska" (digital license exists in BIOS in both portable computers).
Some people fixed this error by changing the DNS:
https://windows10.help/topic/485-windows-activation-error-0x80072ee7/
Some other people didn't fixed:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...2ee7-and/a0cb4e68-a98d-4b31-ab4a-251c1211da14
Now its only the 0x80072EE7 error, and I have done all the steps I have searched for. I uninstalled the store, and install it again, I do have internet connection, I did change the dns, I have my firewall okay. And nothing of all this process has worked.
Its not only microsoft store. Its also internet Edge, Cortana and Xbox. For microsoft store it says couldnt connect to the server. And for cortana it says theres no internet connection. But iam using google with no trouble.

I'm wondering if the issue is country related or ISP related.

View attachment 121

@Kasual,

Here are the results so far for the next update:
- Connected GetHelp to Help Support (as support for it)
- Added Windows Activation (KMS) sub-compatibility option, protects DNS Client
- I removed DNS Client live, it did not break Store download, maybe it's offline only, will retry if you still see that issue
- ParentalControls when removed, other user adding works in my test, but the page was hidden on removal as that Settings page is shared between other removed functionalities.
Since adding an other user is important, I have returned the page on removal.

Btw:
- Input App was already in Touch-Screen devices compatibility, and connected to on-screen keyboard as support
- AAD Plugin app removal breaking Store sign in was fixed in recent versions, have you retried?

Let me know how it goes. Will send pre-release on email.

Thanks.

I'll test with the latest in a couple of hours, all my tests are with an offline image.

Testing Win 7 for now.

Last edited:
Nuhi,
Is the update due for today? I'm going to update my installation soon so I would prefer waiting for latest version before starting the process.

Fil

Back