LocalExperiencePack Integration

bigbadmoshe

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/add-language-packs-to-windows

my question is, if we do FOD does it include this or this has to be done manually?

What you are listing is a DISM command-line method, while NTLITE is a GUI program? You will definitely need to download the full Local Experience Pack iso from your source. And you can extract the iso to NTLITE dedicated folder(C:\Program Files\NTLite\Updates\10.0.XXXX.x64.FOD)

Then in Configure/Features/Features On Demand (Capabilities), you can choose Luxembourgish(typing/handwriting)

NTLite doesn't provide you with any image source, hence you have to get the right source for it, and extract to the required folder, then NTLite will help you to integrate it.

sdfsdfsd.png

What you are listing is a DISM command-line method, while NTLITE is a GUI program? You will definitely need to download the full Local Experience Pack iso from your source. And you can extract the iso to NTLITE dedicated folder(C:\Program Files\NTLite\Updates\10.0.XXXX.x64.FOD)

Then in Configure/Features/Features On Demand (Capabilities), you can choose Luxembourgish(typing/handwriting)

NTLite doesn't provide you with any image source, hence you have to get the right source for it, and extract to the required folder, then NTLite will help you to integrate it.

View attachment 3185
I understand that part.

The part im asking about is the " LanguageExperiencePack.lb-LU.Neutral.appx" the FOD includes this appx? because i do not find it in the cabs.

M
I understand that part.

The part im asking about is the " LanguageExperiencePack.lb-LU.Neutral.appx" the FOD includes this appx? because i do not find it in the cabs.

Maybe you could provide more information on your Windows 10 version?

For Windows 10, version 1809 and later, LIP languages are delivered as LXPs:

And language files are in APPX format.

For earlier versions of Windows 10, LIP languages are delivered as .cab format:

Hence which version are you at? And your FOD/language is meant for which version of Windows 10? If you are using the latest Win10 v2004, then you need download the newest FOD for v2004

I have the latest FOD for v2004 and am trying to integrate hebrew

so just using that is find and i do not have to integrate LXP?

I have the latest FOD for v2004 and am trying to integrate hebrew

so just using that is find and i do not have to integrate LXP?
I think you can just try on NTLITE on your requirements. Just extract the FOB iso and files to the specific folder of NTLITE.

Then in Configure/Features/Features On Demand (Capabilities), tick whatever you want to enable, if NTLITE have it, and your FOD iso have the rightful file, it will integrate. Else you can report it.

Guess you have to trial and error too, no matter what 2004 is something new too. Hence you might find some yes/no on NTLITE and report to nuhi if it doesn't work well.

Of course if NTLITE cannot find it, cannot integrate, then you can go the traditional way of command line.

I have found that there are six language related cab files that can be integrated through NTLite, but alas the LEP in appx format still needs to be integrated using dism, which isn't too difficult.

What I normally do is let NTLite do its thing without creating an ISO. This updates the image directory and afterwards I can just run the dism command to integrate the LEP. Finally, I re-open NTLite and from the source page I can create an ISO from the source directory.

Back