Long list of possible drivers

Fred

Every place I have tried to find a guide leaves things unexplained and I hit a dead end. I am wanting to add the drivers I need to install W7 on my new AMD setup that gives me an error that a driver is, I assume, not included in the install package. I got all of the potential drivers downloaded unzipped and put into folders. SATA, Chipset, USB and the LAN if I can do that also, although not really necessary. The only way I have found to get NT to list them for insertion is to click folder with multiple drivers. I get a list of 50 or more files. How do I determine which are the ones I need? If I install all of them won't that potentially cause a mess? Any idea how to figure this out? Thanks.

Welcome fellow amd user :). Windows will only install the correct driver for a certain item no matter how many drivers you slipstream into an iso. I take it you havntn installed those drivers on the new system yet.

I always get my drivers direct from amd and the realtek drivers from realtek. What is your hardware, motherboard, cpu and chipset type, which chipset driver package are you using?

Dou you get a warning message saying what driver did not install? The amd installer does give problems sometimes aswell as installing .net frameworks and c++ crap.

Ive got a feeling the driver error is a usb 3 driver.

Last edited:
I need to install W7 on my new AMD setup that gives me an error that a driver is, I assume, not included in the install package. How do I determine which are the ones I need? If I install all of them won't that potentially cause a mess? Any idea how to figure this out? Thanks.

You are not going to get help if you don't start by:
Explaining your problem instead of complaining
Listing your hardware
Uploading your preset

Here we are some users and i, that gladly will try to help you.

Sometimes i get the drivers from the ms catalog, the last added package is 1.65 MB with 39 Intel drivers, tested with an AMD based machine without a problem,

Back