Make a XML out of an existing ISO

edit: now it can be done from the UI, more info here.

Hi,

you can run the tool with this switch:
ntlite.exe /forcelistcomponents /saveallstates

Then load the target you want, and just save a preset, it should contain all tweaks and removed components from it.
Let me know if it doesn't work as expected, and don't forget to remove the switch when using normally.

More info on switches at ntlite.exe /?

Last edited:
In my experience this only partially works... at least in 20H2. For example, most UWP apps are ignored.
Apps should be visible only ones that exist on image as they are readed dynamicaly (same as drivers or features config). If it's problem only with apps. Or do you find any others not detected components?

I'm not sure what other components might be missing. I'll have to look sometime. However, I do know that it reports a bunch of components as removed that aren't on the stock iso to begin with -- for example, it lists Windows 7 components as removed from Windows 10. That's not really a big deal though since NTLite just ignores them when importing the xml.

Hi,

you can run the tool with this switch:
ntlite.exe /forcelistcomponents /saveallstates

Then load the target you want, and just save a preset, it should contain all tweaks and removed components from it.
Let me know if it doesn't work as expected, and don't forget to remove the switch when using normally.

More info on switches at ntlite.exe /?
Hi nuhi, I test a lot of ISOs here and using the command ntlite.exe /forcelistcomponents /saveallstates , NTLite detect a few components as removed.

Here's some examples:
I test a ISO [cut by nuhi].
Is from a brazilian, and he makes this version and I try to see which components is removed, but didn't show everything is removed, just a few.

Another example is GhostSpectre ISOs, when I try to use the switch, I don't see almost anything removed and even in the versions without windows defender, in NTLite I see Windows Defender in System Apps. (For this I use Extreme Potato Edition, available in Windows 10 1703 Potato Edition by GhostSpectre.)
Using the latest version of NTlite.

And Another question, when you will start create presets and share in NTLite nuhi?

Last edited by a moderator:
lenkarin, no linking to 3rd party ISOs, just Microsoft official sites, legal reasons.
NTLite can only detect previously removed NTLite components, was that ISO made with NTLite?
Otherwise it's guessing whichever are not there, too risky.

lenkarin, no linking to 3rd party ISOs, just Microsoft official sites, legal reasons.
NTLite can only detect previously removed NTLite components, was that ISO made with NTLite?
Otherwise it's guessing whichever are not there, too risky.
Oh sorry Nuhi, and yes the Brazilian ISO was edited in NTLite. The guy who edited the ISO says that just edit with NTLite, and Ghost Spectre I see in a old video and pic NTLite but I think that they use Dism to edit the ISO not sure.

Back