Microsoft Edge silent install (LTSB 2016)

Hi, I'm trying to make a post install of MSI file of Microsoft Edge. But what should I type in Parameters to make a silent installation? Check the image:

1673463093598.png

THANKS

ddlnegocios you are using LTSB correct ?

Microsoft edge does NOT come with that operating system. I have also followed Garlin's recommendation, just to double and triple confirm, and yes it does work. as long as you removed the "" from the parameters it WILL work

Now I'm going to work. Tomorrow I'll try again. But just for information I did remove "". And yes, I know W10LTSB 1607 doesn't come with M. Edge, but I want to integrate it.

ddlnegocios, have you tried to install Edge chromium to your live W10 LTSB 1607 install, to see if it even works there, and what errors appear so it may provide extra hints as to what the problem is?

Yeap, it's something due the Automated Activator Microsoft Activation Script (MAS) 1.7. With the tool you generate a folder named "$OEM$". It's necessary to copy/paste this folder to Sources folder of the ISO/USB stuff.

Well, if I delete this folder ($OEM$), M. Edge will be installed. If I leave the folder, M. Edge doesn't install.

FYI - Discussion of KMS activation tools isn't allowed (Forum rules).

But a quick look at MAS, I think NTLite isn't expecting "foreign" files to appear in Setup\Scripts and it's trying to run them itself. You're on your own, but I would suggest adding the MAS files after NTLite has finished processing the ISO.

I'm reading this thread and I just put /qn /norestart in post setup. Do I need to copy this file somewhere? Or change something in the ISO? I am doing the updates directly from the MS ISO.

EDIT - I tried in a VM and it was installed during setup. :) I only added it in that spot in NTLite.

1683913431242.png

Last edited:
Back