Monthly Quality Rollup KB4048957 and a Bug I think

ultraform

Hi
I wonder what updates that Monthly Quality Rollup have replaced and
contains, Becouse i want to use this updates before it became Quality Rollup.

and a other questions when i click on this (selected with red on picture)
nothing happen. but when i go to C: drive then click and User folder then i can go there :O.
I tried to find what i done in Ntlite to make this way but cant find what i have done :/

Edit : This is all on Windows 7 Sp1 Pro x64

I tried the latest Ntlite verion with this preset and a reg file that disable the left windows key.
but stil same problem with folders

"
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout]
"Scancode Map"=hex:00,00,00,00,00,00,00,00,02,00,00,00,00,00,5B,E0,00,00,00,00"

@ultraform, thanks for the report. Let me ask you about the process.
Was the folder issue apparent before updating to KB4048957 or it is after the setup?

For the update info, this is a good place to start, whatever is linked there.

edit: Confirmed on image and live method, investigating.

Last edited:
It's Windows Search removal, fixing for next, let me know if you want a pre-release version.
Thanks.

aw Thx for info= ) I start think that it was the rollup update i didnt use this time.
If its okey for you to give a pre-release i would be happy to test it.

aw Thx for info= ) I start think that it was the rollup update i didnt use this time.
I found another (already reported and fixed o fixing) Windows Search related bug :cool:, if you want to see it, try to change the desktop background and you will know what i'm talking about.
For now, i'm testing Win 10 1703 and something that bothers me.

Should all be fixed in the build 5840, let me know if not, thanks.

@ultraform, ok, so if I try your preset with latest updates, you're saying that Libraries still do not open in Win7?
You don't have to try older versions, maybe keep Search if you don't want to wait for a fix, once I confirm the issue on my side.

Thanks.

The libraries is not super importent, but I got a new error when try to instal Intel chipset driver, that i never got before. " 0xc06d007e intel 0x7602c54f" So I was gonna check if it was never version of NTlite that break something and if Libraries work on the older version maybe you can se what have change frome there :O, that I was thinking

@nuhi Now i tested with Version 1.4.1.5625 and have none of the problems .
Libraries work fine and Intel Chip driver work fine.
I Use the same preset, some settings like service and Users didnt load up with the preset frome newest version beacouse of the new furture settings that dont exist in the old version.
So I just put them back on again and removed all the same stuff like before.
Why I got error when install Intel chipset on newest verion I have no clue :O

@nuhi Now i tested with Version 1.4.1.5625 and have none of the problems .
Libraries work fine and Intel Chip driver work fine.

While i'm using a b58xx beta version, i have no problems with libraries on windows search removal and intel drivers integration or graphics drivers installation after setup. Did you removed shell search?

I'll update NTLite, check your presets and give it a go.

Try this workaround:
keep 'Shell Search' to fix open libraries from start menu (verified).

Keep 'Windows Update' and let us know if this fix Intel drivers setup (not verified).

Sounds like you are having a brain fart. Fonts languages keyboards windows media player stuff are a good start point, then remove 3rd party drivers. That lot alone will give good savings :). Remove netwroking and system stuff as required. I am compiling Lite w7 and w10 presets for beginners.

Additional removals,
system restore,
anything backup and recovery,
.net cache,
cache and temp files,
a speech or language component that is 666mb on x64, cant remember its bloody name.
Disable Pagefile Hibernation and Sleep. These save a lot of space on install and you can always enable them and set as pagefile size that suits you. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback.

@ultraform, so the Search was fixed in the previous version, but then the issue, different angle, remained in the Search Shell parent.
Fixed that now in next, sorry for not testing that before.

Intel Chipset requires .NET Framework, so to begin with, keep that (.NET Core and .NET 3.5).
As for installer not even starting, please keep Windows Presentation Foundation (part of .NET).
Those were better cleaned with the newer versions, that is why old one didn't have that issue.
Adding to description.

@Kasual, as for Acrobar Reader 11, it is SFC component, and can't help it, seems to be a dependency while installing Visual Studio runtime.
Maybe try to install Microsoft.VC90.CRT 9.0.21022.8 in parallel or before removing SFC, to skip that part of the installer.
I'll see about adding that to the description.

Feel free to ping me for a test version, out on Monday or Tuesday.

Thanks @Clanger
@Kasual, as for Acrobar Reader 11, it is SFC component, and can't help it, seems to be a dependency while installing Visual Studio runtime.
Maybe try to install Microsoft.VC90.CRT 9.0.21022.8 in parallel or before removing SFC, to skip that part of the installer.
I'll see about adding that to the description.

SFC is needed for MSI standalone or built in .exe installers, tried to install Visual and .NET runtimes repacks by ricktendo and had errors too.

I remember windows installer checking installers' state sometimes when trying to modify or repair an installed program, it looks like SFC removal is recommended after installing all needed programs in online mode.

Shell Search removal fix in 5855, thx.

@Kasual, yeah, added it to the Recommended compatibility and updated descriptions of SFC and WPF 3.5

Back