MS download integration...some missing

koden

Hi
has just downloaded updates and integrated them in my win10 USB inst. key

But some is not in the installation...
When I install win 10 from key I have to download win 10 upgrade KB5011543 and others

is this because it can't be installed through ntlite?

exixting downloaded it says in state.

1648552892489.png

Hi,

which update is not in the installation and was integrated?
Make sure to check the used preset to confirm the claim (autosaved xml on that ISO).

Then on the loaded image (pre-install) on the Updates page, Existing updates list on the right to see if it's integrated, or try adding the same update to the image, it will warn if already integrated.

Just in case I now tested the integration of KB5011543, all good.
Attached is what I see revisiting that page after integration of KB5011543 + the default selection for the rest, and image installation.

Did you integrate both KB5011487 and KB5011543, or just KB5011487?
Since the screenshot shows KB5011487 as installed, I suggest not to do that next time, start fresh and integrate only the preview.

Btw if integrating Preview, no need for Stable, because Previews, or any Cumulative Update KB, includes all previous of the same type.

Bit weird that yours are all gray on the left, if that's the main point of your question.
I cannot replicate that without installing them all.

Know that Windows Update sometimes redownloads updates after installation, not specific to NTLite or that update wasn't fully installed.
One of the main triggers are .NET updates or changes to the feature states.

Attachments

• TempBios-2022-03-29-14-10-50_cr.png
    TempBios-2022-03-29-14-10-50_cr.png
    22.3 KB
not sure I understood it all.

I did another try

will try to install my laptop and see what happens this time.

used this guide

1648556224281.png

not so good... did something in my answer file so that this installation ended up in asking for windows user and password... did not create that anywhere... will change answer file
:cool:

all i did in unattended is this...
And installation ends with user and password login on my laptop...
But cant see why does settings should do this?
and what is password and user?
tried dfv as user and blank password... but ask for password.. tried dfv.. nope..

1648558181316.png

When you skip UserOOBE, Setup won't ask you to create a new user account.

Leave it unmarked, or Add local account from the Toolbar to specify your user and password.

Capture.PNG

Registered Organization & Owner only applies to winver. It's for information.

e6cfabdc-3309-41b2-8bba-8512f962258b.png

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    87.1 KB
thanks all working now :)

Next step is to get some programs installed... will look at that

Last edited:
assume this is the way?
Did you drag the installer to that window because ntlite will add your programs to $OEM$ so the program will go here - C:\Windows\Setup\Files\.
See here. Follow the link that George King gives then on the web page select
Channel - Stable
File type - MSI
Architecture - 32 or 64bit as required.

Last edited:
only thing not working is that I have to click ok to first picure where danish language, keyboard an 3 thing is showing up

next is what to do whith disk.. some of my laptop disks is installed some are not.

is there a way to delete existing disk in pc and use all drive for C drive and install on this?

only thing not working is that I have to click ok to first picure where danish language, keyboard an 3 thing is showing up
Windows has two sets of localization: one for WinPE Setup, one for Windows. If you forget to specify, Setup will stop and ask.
The reason is Setup can be a different language than the target image.

NTLite licensed edition can specify a disk layout to overwrite system disk, and assign all available space. If you don't have a license, it's possible to create the layout inside the preset. With no disk layout, Setup will stop and ask you to edit.

You can always delete all partitions, and select New using the entire disk.

Is there aome kind of beginner guide.. I could use that :)
WIN PE or windows or unattended answer file and a lot more....

Back