multi boot or multiple config installer

ss4sgoku

hi, im trying to do something i didnt find anything about it in the forums, im trying to make an iso of windows 10 x64 with 2 posible options, 1 that create partition and install everthing unatended on only 1 drive(normal), and the second option that letme install the same windows with the same config except that will format partition and install the windows on drive 0 and format partition drive 1 and let me redirect the pagefile, cache, temp folder to drive 1
does anyone have any idea how to do something like that?

Yes. Unfortunately, you keep picking questions with the hard answers.

I don't want to write down the complete solution, because unless it's tested -- forgetting a step will cause general grief. But in principle, there's two solutions and each have their own problems.

Option 1 - Duplicate images with separate unattend and SetupComplete.cmd
Finish editing a custom image. Export the same image twice to another WIM file.

Back up original WIM, replace it with the twice-saved WIM. Rename the image labels to something unique.
For each image, mount them one at a time and copy the unattended file to \Windows\Panther. Modify Post-Setup as needed to switch page file and folders to drive 1.

Remove autounattend.xml. When you boot Setup, it will present you with two images to select from. Each image will have its own self-contained unattend and SetupComplete.

Pros: Most users can follow the directions. Everything is supported by NTLite. Looks professional.
Cons: Requires exporting the custom image TWICE every time you update it. Unattended changes must be imported TWICE.
Takes up TWICE the ISO disk space.​

Option 2 - Custom WinPE script with separate unattend and SetupComplete
Finish editing a custom image.

Mount WinPE. Update winpeshl.ini with a custom script launcher.

Script calls lower-cased setup.exe (not Setup.exe) with explicit /unattend & /postoobe arguments pointing to specific unattend & SetupComplete versions.

Pros: Only need one image.
Cons: Gotta learn some programming. You have to write a wrapper script to launch setup.exe command line.
Unsupported by NTLite. Looks like some script kiddie wrote it (no GUI).​

hi, im trying to do something i didnt find anything about it in the forums, im trying to make an iso of windows 10 x64 with 2 posible options, 1 that create partition and install everthing unatended on only 1 drive(normal), and the second option that letme install the same windows with the same config except that will format partition and install the windows on drive 0 and format partition drive 1 and let me redirect the pagefile, cache, temp folder to drive 1
does anyone have any idea how to do something like that?
Take a look here:

You can set Temp and pagefile importing a reg file, find the entries in tenforums or something like that.
In Unattended page set the drives and drive size to install the OS.
Generate 2 unattended files the same way.
To save 1 time mount and unmount, in the Apply page select Stop before saving the image, process the image.

If you want to change the %usersprofilefolder% folder to another drive, do a search in learn.microsoft.com (docs.micorsoft.com months earlier) on how to edit the unattended file and set the new drive for %usersprofilefolder%.

Back