Need help with missing drivers (W10 21H2)

SeaCine

Hey, really new to creating my own iso. Actually dont really know anything about it, I just want a really clean windows install and heard this was a great tool. I managed to get my own iso and try it on a VM but it just gives me the sad blue screen. Now taking a closer look and I have A LOT of missing drivers, may this be the issue or is it maybe the XML preset I downloaded (https://www.ntlite.com/community/index.php?threads/gameros-windows-10-11-diy-preset.2350/). Appreciate anyone's time.

Attachments

• ntliteMissing.PNG
    ntliteMissing.PNG
    96.5 KB
Hey, really new to creating my own iso. Actually dont really know anything about it, I just want a really clean windows install and heard this was a great tool. I managed to get my own iso and try it on a VM but it just gives me the sad blue screen. Now taking a closer look and I have A LOT of missing drivers, may this be the issue or is it maybe the XML preset I downloaded (https://www.ntlite.com/community/index.php?threads/gameros-windows-10-11-diy-preset.2350/). Appreciate anyone's time.

snappy driver installer is good for drivers, but i know other peeps here know more places for them

Nothing to worry, you're not "missing" drivers. The hardware checklist is comparing the image's drivers against your current host.
They don't match because a generic image has devices you don't have, and your system will have custom drivers added.

I looked at Tommy's preset, he removes some optional drivers but nothing serious.

If you're having blue screen issues, it's prolly not because of drivers. VM's are OK with generic drivers, they do run better when you load the VM-specific addon's.

Nothing to worry, you're not "missing" drivers. The hardware checklist is comparing the image's drivers against your current host.
They don't match because a generic image has devices you don't have, and your system will have custom drivers added.

I looked at Tommy's preset, he removes some optional drivers but nothing serious.

If you're having blue screen issues, it's prolly not because of driver issues. VM's are OK with generic drivers, they run better when you load the VM-specific addon's.
Alright, thanks. Got a version working now. Think it was because I used the "Windows Pro N" Instead of the regular Pro.

N is simply the EU-crippled version missing Windows Media Player and codecs. Let's us if you got more questions.

I see, then I guess it's just a miracle ;)

Well I would like to know if I could add components with NTLite after I reset my PC and install with the new iso? I saw some components removing VPN support which I use.

With a NTLite license, you can reinstall missing components on an existing system. But with a VM, you can work out most of the kinks before actual deployment. Tommy's preset leans more to a pure gaming platform.

Use Notepad or whatever and open the preset file. Skip down the <c> lines. Those are component removals.
Roll back anything that you need. Remember the first goal is a working image, then gradually remove bits in small batches.

Back