New autounattend problem

Please attach the preset demonstrating the issue on an original intact ISO.

Thanks.

Please attach the preset demonstrating the issue on an original intact ISO.

Thanks.

It looks like it's the deactivation of one of the services which is causing this and not the autounattend file.

EDIT: It was the Windows Biometric Service so I mustn't disable it. Does that mean that I'm forced to have Biometric which I don't want?

Last edited:
I have biometric services disabled with no problem

Then I don't understand.

EDIT: Now for some reason I can't use enhanced session mode in the Hyper-V Host in the recently created virtual machine. Is it because I removed some things in the network tab and deativated some services?

EDIT 2: It looks like it was the Remote Desktop and RemoteFX removal that was causing that Hyper-V problem so does that mean that I'll have to have these two things when I don't want to? Also, after running the Photos app for the first time a window shows up asking me to sign in with a Microsoft Account. How can I prevent this? Windows Search isn't running. Is it because I removed Cortana in spite of leaving Windows Search checked? Does that mean I'm forced to have Cortana in spite of not wanting it (it isn't even available in my language)? Is it possible to disable it and don't mess up Windows Search at the same time?

EDIT 3: This time I didn't remove Cortana and Windows Search is working. The latest NTLite versions still don't remove the Microsoft Quick Assist app.

Last edited:
EDIT 2: It looks like it was the removal of Remote Desktop and RemoteFX that was causing that Hyper-V problem so does that mean that I'll have to have these two things when I don't want to? Also, after opening the Photos app for the first time it opens a window asking me to sign in to Microsoft Account. How can I prevent this?

Microsoft forces you to have remote desktop as Hyper-V depends on its services as virtualized machines in Hiper-V are remote desktops, use virtualBox or VMWare if you want to get rid of.

The new Photos app forces you to sign in or sign up.

What you can try (never tested and is just an idea, it would work), slim down an old (or we can say previous) windows version without removing Photos and slim down the latest and updated windows version without the new Photos app. Install first the older windows version, than install the latest from windows online that you want to update.

To disable cortana, go to tweaks - users - privacy or use the search filter on top in user's page.

I think I disabled it but I didn't know until now.

Microsoft forces you to have remote desktop as Hyper-V depends on its services as virtualized machines in Hiper-V are remote desktops, use virtualBox or VMWare if you want to get rid of.

The new Photos app forces you to sign in or sign up.

What you can try (never tested and is just an idea, it would work), slim down an old (or we can say previous) windows version without removing Photos and slim down the latest and updated windows version without the new Photos app. Install first the older windows version, than install the latest from windows online that you want to update.

Then what the other user told is not right. I only need remote desktop or I also need remotefx? Which services I mustn't disable to be able to use that Hyper-V function? How can I remove the Microsoft Quick Assist app? Well, it's annoying since I don't want the remote desktop but I'm forced to have it.

I think that window only shows up after the first time I run the Photos app.

Last edited:
Windows search is shite, try Everything by voidtools, it pisses all over w7 and 10 search and is even better that xp's search. Availible in 32 and 64bit versions, can be integrated into context menus. Installer and Portable.

Read it's description and you will know.

Which description? Remote desktop's? The services don't tell if they'll affect Hyper-V or not.

Windows search is shite, try Everything by voidtools, it pisses all over w7 and 10 search and is even better that xp's search. Availible in 32 and 64bit versions, can be integrated into context menus. Installer and Portable.

I probably wouldn't know how to use it.

Last edited:
Which description? Remote desktop's? The services don't tell if they'll affect Hyper-V or not.

RemoteFX
In english:
Enhances visual experience of Remote Desktop Protocol. Also can be used in Hyper-V connections.
In portuguese:
Aumenta a experiência visual do Protocolo da Área de Trabalho Remota. Também pode ser usado em conexões Hyper-V

RemoteFX
In english:
Enhances visual experience of Remote Desktop Protocol. Also can be used in Hyper-V connections.
In portuguese:
Aumenta a experiência visual do Protocolo da Área de Trabalho Remota. Também pode ser usado em conexões Hyper-V

I know, but what about the services I must keep and the Microsoft Quick Assist app? And do you have the "Something went wrong You can try again, or skip for now." error message on the OOBE after disabling the Biometrics service?

Last edited:
Back