New boot manager problem

xwing

I need a little help and a simple explanation of what files are responsible for this new Boot Manager.

Garlin wrote:
Download Windows 11 ISO and MCT have both updated to 22621.1702 (22H2 May 2023). The reason is the BlackLotus UEFI security vulnerability has MS very concerned, and wants everyone prepared for later security updates in July.

You should stop using any old 22H2 images, and replace them with .1702.

I copied the install.wim file version 22621.1778 to the folder where the old Boot, Efi, boot.wim etc. files are. And the CD does not start, it does not detect the system. Apparently the old Boot Manager doesn't recognize the new version of windows.?

What files need to be copied to the folder from the new windows?
Where exactly is this new Boot Manager? In the boot.wim file or in the bootmgr, bootmgr.efi files or else others?

If will I install this system with the new Boot Manager on a disk where I have several systems, will I lose the ability to boot multiple systems?

Last edited:
Why not download the latest 22H2 ISO, and copy your install.wim over the existing one? I believe the EFI boot files and parts of boot.wim will be updated in the latest 22H2 download.

If you have an ISO older than 2023 May edition, while integrating 2023.5+ Cumulative Update to the install.wim edition, make sure the boot.wim is also selected on the Apply page - Reapply tasks - Integarate Updates - boot.wim - Windows Setup.
No other steps are necessary.
Start from a clean ISO, not previously touched, to avoid any external variables.

Back