News - Microsoft Unveils New Xbox Adaptive Controller for Gamers with Disabilities

Clanger

Staff member
Source.

Nice idea but what about us non gamers? I have arthritis in my right hand(my mouse hand) and when it flares up i cant use the mouse buttons. I have used media keyboards that have a trackpad built in(along with buttons) and was quite happy using the MM keyboard mouse buttons and the normal mouse.

What i would like to see is a small box, 5cm x 5cm with just the mouse buttons or a bit bigger and including a scroll wheel.

What i really want is the mouse button gadget on the left that plugs into a keyboard usb port, the keyboard with 2 usb ports, mouse on the right that also plugs into the keyboard so only 1 usb cable plugs into the pc instead of 3 and the mouse and button/wheel pad would only need very short cables.

Currently hardware for people with disabilities is ultra expensive and is downright fugly.

Naa, dont want a track ball. Trouble with these track pad media keyboards is the pad and buttons are always on the left hand side. I have seen some keysonic keyboards, not too sure and the track pad is front and center. :( Need some left handed media keyboards.

Back