No images are available after adding autounattend.xml

nixen78116

I loaded VirtiO drivers into the Windows server 2019 ISO
when ever I try to install that it works fine but when I add autounattend.xml to ths root folder and then install it says "no images are available..." any reason why? I am trying to automate installation after loading virtio drivers.

Try sharing your autounattend.xml as attachment (minus any personal details). What branch are you installing?

This file isn't saved in the correct text encoding. It's XML, but WinPE probably barfs on it.
[I'm borrowing GNU "file" to examine the formatting]

% file autounattend.xml
autounattend.xml: XML 1.0 document, ASCII text, with very long lines

Correct encoding (from example created by NTLite):

% file autounattend.xml
autounattend.xml: XML 1.0 document, UTF-8 Unicode (with BOM) text, with CRLF line terminators

Last edited:
Cleaned it up for you, minus the password lines. Please edit or remove your previous attachment (since it has a password).

Attachments

• autounattend.xml
    5.5 KB
Cleaned it up for you, minus the password lines. Please edit or remove your previous attachment (since it has a password).

Whenever I create an autounattend.xml file, I get "No images are available...", I have tried both WSIM and NTLite to create the file, what should I use to get proper encoding?

What does <ImageInfo> say in your preset?

XML:
<ImageInfo>
        <Version mode="offline">Windows Server 2019 Standard Evaluation (1809) x64 - Server 10.0.17763.737 (en-US)</Version>
        <GUID>{C1F128A5-5FBC-4204-9534-0933391CAD0E}</GUID>
    </ImageInfo>

If you search this forum, it's the wrong product key for your Windows edition :rolleyes:

Windows Server Semi-Annual Channel versions
Windows Server, version 1909, version 1903, and version 1809

Table 2
Operating system editionKMS Client Setup Key
Windows Server Datacenter6NMRW-2C8FM-D24W7-TQWMY-CWH2D
Windows Server StandardN2KJX-J94YW-TQVFB-DG9YT-724CC

Hi. I have the same error, in which part of the unattended.xml file I should aggregate the ImageInfo section?

Only presets use <ImageInfo>, it doesn't affect unattended files.

When NTLite saves a Windows image, it's stamped with an unique GUID identifier. This GUID confirms that you're using the same saved image.
My purpose for asking nixen78116 was to confirm his Windows edition.

If you want, I can verify your current preset.

Back