NTLite 1.7.2.6623 | 1.8.0.6623

nuhi Its going to be too much to add a Language Pack download feature but could you add a hyper link in Toolbar - Tools for our Language Pack topic page so users can download the lists pack?

Talking of which someone recently mentioned windows on arm so i may start including LP ARM links in the lists from the next build onwards.

Language packs, yeah they do fit the agenda, just need to figure out how to group them away from the main list as they clutter things.
No Arm for now.

Thanks.

Just a hyperlink button to our LP page so they can grab the latest pack themselves would do, easier for you.
There has to be at least 100 packs per os and w10 build if you factor in 32 and 64 bit versions. With 1809 due soon thats gonna be 700 download links to add, thats a lot of work.
Maybe a hyperlink button to our ISO download topic too, saves trying to find it in the forum.

Last edited:
Hey nuhi

Thanks so much for releasing this!

First of all, the good news:

DotNet works, thanks to the template you included in the updates tab. I also had no issues including the latest updates in my ISO as well. Now all of DotNet and my updates are pre-installed! Awesome!

Sticky Notes works! As well as a few other universal apps I kept as accessories.

Sensor Data Service runs without halting when started manually!

However, I noticed some issues as well:

1: Default program configuration is broken. For example, I want to set my web browser to Firefox. The default web browser after installation is "IE ActiveX Interface Marshaling Library".

settings-1.PNG

When I click on it (to change it), a popup window asks me to choose an app, but the only option is, again, the "IE ActiveX Interface Marshaling Library".

settings-2.png

I also tried clicking "Set defaults by app", then clicking on Firefox > Manage, and I still couldn't set Firefox to be the default program for URL:HTTP or URL:HTTPS

settings-3.png

I also tried opening hyperlinks from the settings app, to see if I could select a default program that way. Although a popup window appeared which asked me to choose a program to open the hyperlink, I again only had one choice.

settings-4.png

I also tried running

control /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms /page pageDefaultProgram

and

control /name Microsoft.DefaultPrograms /page pageFileAssoc

to try to open the default programs menu from the control panel, but it would immediately redirect me to the settings app instead.

This is a little unrelated, but is there any security benefit to keeping the ActiveX blacklist in my preset? I'm wondering if I can safely remove it without compromising security.

2: Low priority: CompactOS still does not work by default. Although I enabled CompactOS in NTLite, when I check after install, it still says the OS is not compact.

Workaround: Running compact.exe /CompactOS:Always fixes the issue after installation.

---

Attached is the preset I used.

Thanks again!!!!!! :D

NoTRite, thanks for the feedback.
1. ok, will check that, already reported somewhere
2. didn't we talk about this, conclusion was to add the command to the Post-setup page

NoTRite, thanks for the feedback.
1. ok, will check that, already reported somewhere
2. didn't we talk about this, conclusion was to add the command to the Post-setup page

Oh, I thought you meant you were going to add a command post-setup to make sure it works. I didn't know you were talking about the post-setup page in NTLite.

Cool!

NoTRite, I have tried the default browser issue.
Seems to work fine, doesn't matter that it's weirdly set when all browsers are removed, it lists fine Chrome and Firefox when those are installed.
Did you install them when confirming them missing from the list, or ran from an existing location on a fresh Windows without reinstalling the browsers?

Thanks.

nuhi

This was a fresh installation. Since I removed both Edge and IE I put a Ninite installer on a USB drive and installed the browsers from there.

I still have the "Something went wrong You can try again, or skip for now." error message on the OOBE after disabling Windows Biometric Service and can't start Office OneNote after removing Tablet PC and/or the InputApp. I tried NTLite's latest version (17.0.6522) with a Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.1 Enterprise x64 image.

EDIT: I also don't have the TileDataLayer and default0 folders.

Last edited:
I still have the "something went wrong" alert during Windows 10 install after disabling Windows Biometric Service and can't start Office OneNote after removing Tablet PC and/or the InputApp. I tried NTLite's latest version (17.0.6522) with a Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.1 Enterprise x64 image.

EDIT: I also don't have the TileDataLayer and default0 folders.
Replied this many times, do not disable that service before Windows is installed, it's a Windows limitation.
Will check OneNote, thx.
What do you mean about those folders, is there a problem?

Replied this many times, do not disable that service before Windows is installed, it's a Windows limitation.
Will check OneNote, thx.
What do you mean about those folders, is there a problem?

I have this OneNote problem for months.

I have these folders if I install an untouched Windows 10 version. I don't know why I don't have this default0 folder nor do I know why I need it but for me it's better this way. Regarding the other one, I think it might be bad since it appears to be connected to the Start Menu. For instance, it is some times recommended to delete its content (according to some sites I consulted) when someone has a problem regarding the Start Menu and after restarting the PC it looks like it's recreated (not in my case).

Last edited:
I have this OneNote problem for months.

I have these folders if I install an untouched Windows 10 version. I don't know why I don't have this default0 folder nor do I know why I need it but for me it's better this way. Regarding the other one, I think it may be bad since it appears to be connected to the Start Menu. For instance, it is some times recommended to delete its content (according to some sites I consulted) when someone has a problem regarding the Start Menu and after restarting the PC it looks like it's recreated.
Do you keep OneNote app when first removing? It's necessary to keep it, as it protects needed pieces without those other components being kept.

Hi nuhi
just share two bugs (i think) for compatibility option and IExplorer remove, please see this demo video
thanks.
A great, thanks. Will fix both in the next update.

Do you keep OneNote app when first removing? It's necessary to keep it, as it protects needed pieces without those other components being kept.

A great, thanks. Will fix both in the next update.

No, I don't. So, I'm forced to have it when I don't want to?

Last edited:
No, I don't. So I'm forced to have it when I don't want to?
Reply was for the OneNote install compatibility, if you are forced to have it or not is outside of my jurisdiction.
When you don't need OneNote, remove OneNote app as well and don't install it. If you need it, keep it.

Reply was for the OneNote install compatibility, if you are forced to have it or not is outside of my jurisdiction.
When you don't need OneNote, remove OneNote app as well and don't install it. If you need it, keep it.

But one thing is the OneNote app and another is the Office component. Can't you fix this problem in the next version? Other users also had (and have) problems with files that were removed when they shouldn't have been and the bugs were fixed. Anyway, but according to my experiences it was the TabletPC and/or the InputApp removal that broke Office OneNote. Will you fix this, too?

Last edited:
But one thing is the OneNote app and other is the Office component. Can't you fix this problem in the next version? Other users also had (and have) problems with files that were removed when they shouldn't have been and the bugs were fixed. Anyway, but according to my experiences it was the TabletPC and/or the InputApp removal that broke Office OneNote. Will you fix this, too?
I would gladly help, but the issue is we're talking about the known piece of TabletPC component.
Until this becomes more needed, to warrant a separate component or is moved to Store or something, you can do this hidden advanced step.

Edit .\settings.xml in the tool's directory, while the tool is closed.
Add
Code:
<ProtectManifests>
    <Manifest>microsoft-windows-tabletpc-platform-comruntime</Manifest>
</ProtectManifests>
Right above <RecentPaths> for example.
As it is self-explanatory, that will protect the component piece no matter what is removed.

Let me know if that helped.
Btw there will be a new version out in an hour or so, you might want to wait that too.

Back