NTLite build 5855 - 1.5 final

nuhi

NTLite developer
Staff member
1.5 finalized, big focus on component removals as you requested. Managed to squeeze in some UI and tweaks updates.

Full list of changes can be found in the changelog.

edit:
- 5840, RS4 support
- 5855, few UI fixes

nJoy, your feedback is welcome.

Last edited:
@pmikep, that issue is still in todo, there will be compatibility option plus some fixes if possible, as replied in that topic.
I'll try to get to it in a few days, then all you need is a component list to avoid removing.

Nuhi, can you let me know when you got my test results open please, I have temporarily got my mojo back. :)

Nuhi, 5855 - Colour schemes working now. Expand and Collapse on Settings working. :)

Suggestion, Components - Compatibility - Windows Activation - Windows Activation (KMS). Have it ticked as default setting. See pm.
View attachment 210

Hi Nuhi,
1st of all thank you for this great software (I'm user from old Window XP days :D )
But with this latest release I'm having problems in Components panel. There is bug that prevents you from checking components not to be removed after fiddling with compatibility panel.
NTLite: 1.5.9.5855 64 bit, Home license
Windows: 10 Enterprise 16299
Here's steps to reproduce:

1. load windows, use new clean preset (click yes on "Reset all pages to image defaults"
2. go to "Components", click on "Compatibility", check (for example only) "MS Office" and "Recommended" and confirm by clicking "OK"
3. Click on ribbon panel to "Uncheck all"
4. Click on "Compatibility" and uncheck all of it (now even "MS Office" and "Recommended") and confirm.
// So now I should be able to uncheck/check everything as it pleased me, right?
5. Click on "Expand all"
6. Try to check something from "Drivers", for example the first entry: Drivers\Adapters host SD\Microsoft | sdbus.inf

In my case it stays unchecked. In order to be able to check it again, I have to hit "Reset" button from Ribbon panel.

Hi Roma_CZ, you're welcome, veteran.

OK, the explanation is that if the parent/support component is unchecked, there is an intentional lock.
For example if c_battery.inf is unchecked, it won't allow checking of battery.inf until the parent (c_battery.inf in Hardware Support - Indvidual) is checked.
In case of sdbus.inf, it's c_sdhost.inf.
Added a message popup in the next update which was long overdue. The same info in on the right of the component ""Depends on:...".

if I remove Microsoft Sticky Notes using NTLite the "normal way" the Photos app after opening a picture will close in a second but if I remove Microsoft Sticky Notes using PowerShell after I installed Windows 10 I won't have the problem so is it possible to run a silent Post-Setup PowerShell script for all users to remove this app?

5930 build is up, should fix that, if not please attach the preset.
Thanks.

Thanks.

Thanks, the problem was solved! I still can't remove the Microsoft Quick Assist app, if I disable the Biometrics service I have the "Something went wrong You can try again, or skip for now." error message on the OOBE and if I remove Internet Explorer the MMC Extended View is gone.

Last edited:
If Windows don't allow for disabling of the Biometrics service, there is nothing I can do. You can remove it, that should work.

What is the problem with the Quick Assist app? Preset please, to replicate and fix it.

Removing IE does remove services description, that is also by (Windows) design, I think it's the IE Engine or Frame, but I now see it's also done for the IE UI removal, which is a bit premature. I'll see about that, thanks.

1.6 beta, i can run 2 instances of ntlite now, will make comparing presets a doddle :D. Thank you :)

Yeah, it's like when I first got Bible software. I thought that it would make my Bible Study go faster. It did. But it also caused me to spend more time in Bible Study. I can see the same thing happening due to v1.6 of NTLite. (Running multiple instances will only feed the addiction.)

I kinow what you mean but i have been waitinng for this for ages. I find it easy to visually compare things. This is gonna make my work easier.

Besides, working with the betas gives me more removals and bug tests them using my fixed way of working. :cool:

Last edited:
If Windows don't allow for disabling of the Biometrics service, there is nothing I can do. You can remove it, that should work.

What is the problem with the Quick Assist app? Preset please, to replicate and fix it.

Removing IE does remove services description, that is also by (Windows) design, I think it's the IE Engine or Frame, but I now see it's also done for the IE UI removal, which is a bit premature. I'll see about that, thanks.

Windows can disable the service but I'm talking about disabling it in NTLite so that I don't have to disable it later. I can't remove it with the free version.

I just don't want the Microsoft Quick Assist app. You don't need my preset for this.

Bu if I remove Internet Explorer with MSMG ToolKit I don't have this problem.

Last edited:
Nuhi - 5930 bug - Notes show in window multiple times. Happens on many components.

Can remove non essential Home edition but not Microsoft Windows PE, option is greyed out.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks.

I forgot to say but in My Digital Life Forums I was told that if I removed the Xbox.TCUI app the Reset app function wouldn't work anymore. Also, I don't know why but now NTLite works with boot.wim 1. Microsoft Windows PE (x64) and boot.wim 2. Microsoft Windows Setup (x64) (not to mention with install.wim 1. Windows Enterprise) when it previously only worked with one of them and now the whole process takes more time (almost 70 minutes) and I have two confirmation steps instead of just one (I'm using the free version). And even before I use NTLite I use MSMG ToolKit so it takes even more time.

Last edited:
@Clanger, thanks, fixed the duplicate descriptions in 5950.
Protecting second edition of boot.wim is intentional, Win10 started requiring it if Manual Setup kept. If that component is unchecked you can remove it.

@pmikep, ;)

@Windows 10 User, I don't understand, please repeat simpler if there is a question.

@Clanger, thanks, fixed the duplicate descriptions in 5950.
Protecting second edition of boot.wim is intentional, Win10 started requiring it if Manual Setup kept. If that component is unchecked you can remove it.

@pmikep, ;)

@Windows 10 User, I don't understand, please repeat simpler if there is a question.

I was told that if I removed the Xbox.TCUI app the reset app function in apps and features wouldn't work.

I don't know why but now NTLite does things with boot.wim 1. Microsoft Windows PE (x64) and boot.wim 2. Microsoft Windows Setup (x64) (not to mention with install.wim 1. Windows Enterprise) when it previously only did with just one of them and now the whole process takes more time (almost 70 minutes) and I have two confirmation steps instead of just one (I'm using the free version). Before even using NTLite I use MSMG ToolKit to remove some things so the whole process takes even more time (more than 70 minutes).

How can I prevent NTLite from creating a preset every time I use it?

Last edited:
Xbox.TCUI - that sounds like a Windows question, I don't know the answer, if you see that I should fix something about it, let me know what.

boot.wim processing - You can select yourself on the Apply page - Image tasks what applies to which edition, make sure boot.wim editions are not selected. I'm guessing you are talking about integration.

You can prevent the backup of the preset to the ISO root by selecting "Don't backup preset" on the Apply - Image tasks.
As for local presets folder, that cannot be disabled, BUT you can disable auto-loading of last preset in File - Settings.

Back