NTLite build 6146

In the latest version (1.5.0.5955) you removed the recently added information in Internet Explorer which warned that if it was removed it would affect the MMC Extended View.

Last edited:
I see the warning in the description of Internet Explorer Engine, as it was moved as discussed earlier.
Since there is no room for the full text, hover with a mouse to uncover it all.

IE (UI) removal should not break that description any more, let me know if it does.
Thanks.

I see the warning in the description of Internet Explorer Engine, as it was moved as discussed earlier.

IE (UI) removal should not break that description any more, let me know if it does.
Thanks.

I didn't try hovering the mouse in it but if what you said about the removal of IE not breaking the MMC Extended View any more then why is that information still there? Also, could you move and rename the Adobe Flash Player for IE to Adobe Flash Player? It's confusing this way since I think it's a generic program and not just for IE.

Last edited:
Adobe Flash Player comes in different varieties depending on your browser. Adobe Flash Player for IE is for IE only and its Components name is technically correct and the version on the iso is going to be way out of date and a vulnerability. The Adobe web installer/bootstrapper downloads the version required.

Adobe Flash Player comes in different varieties depending on your browser. Adobe Flash Player for IE is for IE only and its Components name is technically correct and the version on the iso is going to be way out of date and a vulnerability. The Adobe web installer/bootstrapper downloads the version required.

But I suppose in my case I don't need it since I remove Internet Explorer and therefore I shouldn't integrate its update, right? Will I have any problem in other browsers if I remove it?

The INternet Explorer Engine(HTML Engine) is sometimes needed by other programs, so the safest option is to remove IE UI only, the Engine will still require updates but not Flash because its only needed by the UI.

The INternet Explorer Engine(HTML Engine) is sometimes needed by other programs, so the safest option is to remove IE UI only, the Engine will still require updates but not Flash.

I was only going to remove IE, not that, but the problem was that in the past (at least) just by removing IE it messed up the MMC Extended View.

Last edited:
Thats a bug more than likely.

I'll remove it again to see if it still happens.

EDIT: The information in Internet Explorer about being needed for the MMC Extended View still shows up after all so does that mean I shouldn't remove IE to not break the MMC Extended View?

EDIT 2:

Thanks.

So, I removed IE and Adobe Flash Player for IE with NTLite and didn't integrate the update for Adobe Flash Player and it didn't break the MMC Extended View so the information in NTLite of its removal breaking it is wrong. However, Internet Explorer along with other things somehow show up in Optional Feature History unlike before so I'll keep removing IE with MSMG ToolKit.

Also, when will the Biometrics service after being disabled by NTLite stop showing up the "Something went wrong You can try again, or skip for now." error message on the OOBE?

Last edited:
@Windows 10 User, I did answer about Biometrics.
Isn't it better if Optional Features History is not empty after removing IE?
I tried now removing IE UI and Service Description is intact, please attach the preset demonstrating the issue.

@Windows 10 User, I did answer about Biometrics.
Isn't it better if Optional Features History is not empty after removing IE?
I tried now removing IE UI and Service Description is intact, please attach the preset demonstrating the issue.

Sorry, but I don't remember your answer about it.

Well, for me it isn't.

But like I said to you I don't have that problem anymore. The problem is that it says that if I remove the IE Engine I'll have it when it's no longer true (at least by removing the IE UI).

Another thing, with Winaero Tweaker I disabled the shortcuts' arrow and I still have them.

Last edited:
Ive done some work with winaero tweaker, some tweaks can be easily applied by making direct changes, some use winaeros dll to make those changes. You will need RegFromApp to see what registry changes are made, see my Interesting Things topic for a link.

Ive done some work with winaero tweaker, some tweaks can be easily applied by making direct changes, some use winaeros dll to make those changes. You will need RegFromApp to see what registry changes are made, see my Interesting Things topic for a link.

Well, but it didn't work. But does it only say what registry changes are made and doesn't change the registry? Where's that thread?

Last edited:
RegFromApp just records and creates a reg file for changes made by an executable, it doesnt change the registry. If it shows an entry showing WinAero, the tweak wil only work with winaero.

32bit version must be used for 32bit installers and programs. 64bit version must be used for 64bit installers and programs.

RegFromApp just records and creates a reg file for changes made by an executable, it doesnt change the registry. If it shows an entry showing WinAero, the tweak wil only work with winaero.

So, can it fix this problem I'm having?

32bit version must be used for 32bit installers and programs. 64bit version must be used for 64bit installers and programs.

I'm using the 64 bit version since my OS is x64.

1.5 maintenance and 1.6 beta started.
Now the tool can run in parallel with multiple instances, can speed up tasks if applied to different WIMs.

Full list of changes can be found in the 1.5 and 1.6 changelog.

nJoy, your feedback is welcome.

I was using 5955 and got notified that 6025 is available. I've got it and start using it ... I believe it has a bug: when it does the cleanup, it also removes the Scratch folder (custom location in my case), after which it crashes.

Back