NTLite new tool 8775 crashed to desktop

Bournesup

I tried the new tool 8775 today and partially through removing components it crashed to the desktop. I included the log files for both 8775 and 8714. Note no issues with 8714.

When the tool crashed it was removing 3d viewer. Hope info helps

Attachments

• NTLite_dism8775.log
    12.4 KB
  • NTLite8775.log
    63.5 KB
  • NTLite_dism8714.log
    23.9 KB
  • NTLite8714.log
    101.9 KB
  • NTLite.log
    53 KB
  • NTLite_dism.log
    12.4 KB
Last edited:
nuhi Ive just checked the screen grab again, internet is working fine, downloader worked without problem on 2.3.5.8714_x64. Never seen that error before, clicking retry on all 3 boxes doesnt work, had to cancel all 3.

nuhi i still got Downloader bug in 8777 but i can open "web article" and follow the breadcrumbs :)
Do you use a Windows-side firewall maybe?
I mean some that usually prompts for access.
I can only replicate it if a firewall asks for access.

nuhi Zone Alarm FF. When i install aa tool update i rename the current version to NTLite, install the new to that folder then rename that folder to the new version, ie - C:\Program Files\NTLite_2.3.6.8777_x64 so ZA always asks to allow the tool internet access, click yes etc.

The way I trigger the issue is to block HTTP (80, or prompt) and allow only HTTPS (443).
Seems like Microsoft switches to HTTP when update download starts.
Do you remember setting any TLS/SSL strict rules via Windows registry, or blocking port 80 in the firewall?

nuhi No special/custom rules added because i am clueless when it comes to them. Attached the ZA settings.xml, always used that, no problems with the tool at all :)

Uploaded a new alpha (8779), let me know if it solves the issue, if not, how to exactly test for it.

Thanks.

nuhi 8779 Failed :(

Capture8779.JPG

Gonna have to put this on hold till later, i am overdue for my bed, see if anyone else has the same problem in the mean time.
Ive got a nice new w7 eol capture i can put on the laptop for a nice new install and start from there.
Got some thoughts on the tool getting alpha beta and stable updates.

8777 did not crash to desktop. I have included the log files. So far so good.

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    826 bytes
  • NTLite_dism.log
    24 KB
Is your OS maybe old and it didn't update its certificate roots?
W7 Pro, en-us, x64, EOL, no ESU's - 6.1.7601.24546. No removals. WU service disabled as its EOL(non ESU) and Unsupported Cpu so it wouldnt work anyway. I will do the laptop thing later tonight. To be honest its not a biggy for me and i can work around it :)

Last edited:
is this Alpha Update only for "Well Known Members" or every NTLite User.

Back