NTLite Presets and Beginner Questions

eonfutures

Hi everyone! I’m a new NTLite license holder and I have a few questions.

1. Is there a repo for presets? I’ve searched around the forum but didn’t really find anything.
2. In the component removal section, are things I am unable to uncheck there to protect me from removing vital components? I apologize in advance for such an obvious question but I want to make sure I’m not wasting my time.
3. I am working on a build that has minimal usage of cpu and ram. I do not want Cortana, Defender, games, etc and I want to disable Windows updates. I am not gaming, strictly using this as a home media server. Basically I want something barebones but stable. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

i have presets, topic but they are for beginners, removing 3rd party drivers languages keyboards fonts etc but they are a decent start point for you. you will have to work out which components you need to keep, wmp/media/codecs etc.

a lot of components are greyed out due to the Compatibility options, toolbar - top left, they protect stuff users may want to keep. its going to be a lot of trial and error on your part because there is no 1 size fits all preset.

which w10 build will you be using because removals may differ from build to build, ie - 1809 to 21h1 etc.

hola, soy un modificador de Windows que solo quiero el máximo rendimiento y estoy comenzando a modificar el iso de Windows con ntlite que puede eliminar más cosas que en liveinstall, puedes darme un xml que elimine todo lo que crees que es innecesario. Minecraft para que puedas eliminar cualquier cosa porque esto no afecta en la instalación en estos juegos y si puedes hacerlo en 1709 puede ser bueno.
Gracias
PD: Pls keep wifi

You can do that , but others have made them already.
Yes I am familiar with it but I did not want to have to use an iso that I did not make myself. I was hoping NTLite could help me accomplish something similar but am very disappointed. For an established program, at this cost, I expected more support. I am very surprised that there are not more presets and a series of community presets. There are Clanger's presets while I appreciate but are limited and not what I would be looking for at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
eonfutures, removals are a personal choice, remove what you know to not need, no one can tell you that.
If it was so obvious for everyone what can be removed, Microsoft would release it themselves.

1. no, but some requested it, I might give into it one day
2. Clanger already replied to you, Components - toolbar - Compatibility, uncheck those you don't need protection for.
Careful, I would always keep OOBE, Servicing Stack and Activation at least.
3. Uncheck those you listed on the Components page and you're done. As to near-minimum size, check this and this.

eonfutures, removals are a personal choice, remove what you know to not need, no one can tell you that.
If it was so obvious for everyone what can be removed, Microsoft would release it themselves.

1. no, but some requested it, I might give into it one day
2. Clanger already replied to you, Components - toolbar - Compatibility, uncheck those you don't need protection for.
Careful, I would always keep OOBE, Servicing Stack and Activation at least.
3. Uncheck those you listed on the Components page and you're done. As to near-minimum size, check this and this.
Thank you for the response. I would wager that 90% of your user base, or prospective user base, would fall into one of three categories.

1. Gamers looking for a performance-oriented version of Windows 10, similar to Ghost Spectre.
2. People with a potato pc who are looking for a version of Windows 10 that doesn't slow down their system, also similar to Ghost Spectre.
3. Security oriented people who are looking for a secure system, similar to AME.

Having presets that cover these three groups would be a good way to grow your user base and sell more licenses for sure.

This is a tool for people who considers tweaking Windows is a hobby. You have to spend time to understand the tool and how it works. There is no quick fix instead of spending several days at it to get a right preset. It is a trial and error game.

Make sure you have a list of your common applications and test them extensively in the VM before deploying your own lite Windows to your working computer.

strikas89 Correct. there is no 1 size fits all in this game.
even if ms gave us obsessive types exactly what we asked for we would still moan about and try to remove something or other.

eonfutures my presets are a starting point for beginners to build on, nothing more.

Last edited:
Presets are very personal. What for some is bloat for others is a feature. Windows Store for example for me is useless but some people like to use it.

If nuhi posts presets some people will complain that one or other feature doesn't work or that like you they will complain that the presets remove very little.

So what we have are presets for the personal use of someone who shares this.

let them cherry pick, take anything from my stuff you want and run with it. i gave nuhi free range to cherry pick from my stuff a long time ago.

Back