NTLite won't start anymore

Velocet

Hi there,
NTLite won't start anymore. The UAC dialog shows and then nothing happens. The event log says the following:

Code:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: NTLite.exe, Version: 2.0.0.7618, Zeitstempel: 0x5f3c0a54
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown, Version: 0.0.0.0, Zeitstempel: 0x00000000
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x000000000277ffc2
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x34e8
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d692ce7c65a707
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\NTLite\NTLite.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: unknown
Berichtskennung: de64fc56-4e18-4153-86fb-9469cedf137d
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

I tried installing the latest beta but that also did not fix it. Any suggestions?

Update your windows be sure you have netframewroks and microsoftvisualls installed in stuations like this with any software

That error is something with the host, got that report maybe twice ever, and other than OS reinstall we never found what it was.
It's not about this tool, more about some Windows API/functionality that gets bugged or disabled/missing.

Could be as ege stated visual studio runtimes (not .net as it's not used), try this package.
Also an antivirus, antimalware, sandboxing tools.

Let us know what you find, or run it in a virtual machine to edit an image for now.

Hi there,
NTLite won't start anymore. The UAC dialog shows and then nothing happens. The event log says the following:

I tried installing the latest beta but that also did not fix it. Any suggestions?

I'd like to know how slim is the host. Do you still have the autosaved preset for the host OS?

That error is something with the host, got that report maybe twice ever, and other than OS reinstall we never found what it was.
It's not about this tool, more about some Windows API/functionality that gets bugged or disabled/missing.

Could be as ege stated visual studio runtimes (not .net as it's not used), try this package.
Also an antivirus, antimalware, sandboxing tools.

Let us know what you find, or run it in a virtual machine to edit an image for now.
I have no Antivirus running. The only change i made on the system are the normal Updates (running latest 2004) and i disabled all security features like ASLR, etc. I would suggest that thats the problem or it could be the update that prepares this Windows build for the next one.

If i find the time i will try to debug the problem a little deeper.

This reminds me, if anyone has crashing issues and uses "Nahimic" audio filter, try uninstalling Nahimic, more info here.

all these fancy pants audio tools, pah, gimme good old 2 channel anyday. 3D sound? ive heard some of my favourite stuff remastered into 5.1 sound and it sucks monkey balls. :mad:

Back