On Windows 10, removing OneDrive breaks KB4592449 cumulative update via WU

Nameless

Hi Dino, I wanted to report an issue I discovered.

NTlite = 2.0.0.7742
Arch = x64
Host OS = Win 10 x64 1909
Image Version = Win 10 x64 1909

I found that if I remove the OneDrive component, then install it onto a VM and try to run WU, the cumulative update kb4592449 fails to install with error code 0x800736b3(?). Leaving OneDrive in and removing everything else I was removing worked fine.

I thought I should let you know, as I just spent the last couple days tracking this issue down and there are no notes on OneDrive to indicate any known issue with removal. I was doing things this way because I wanted to install the clean image and get the list of updates I needed from WU so I could integrate them with ntlite to make my final ISO.

I found that if I remove the OneDrive component, then install it onto a VM and try to run WU, the cumulative update kb4592449 fails to install with error code 0x800736b3(?). Leaving OneDrive in and removing everything else I was removing worked fine.
Hm that's unexpected, and thanks for reporting.
Did you have Servicing Stack compatibility enabled, and if so can I get your exact preset with an issue to replicate here?

Thanks.

Hm that's unexpected, and thanks for reporting.
Did you have Servicing Stack compatibility enabled, and if so can I get your exact preset with an issue to replicate here?

Thanks.
Hi Dino, thanks for the reply.

In the compatibility tab:
- "Servicing Stack (DISM)" is checked (gray box)
- "System Reset for Windows" is UNchecked (I don't plan to use this feature)
- "Windows Update (+Feature setup)" is checked

As lenkarin mentioned, I know I can use ntlite on my online image after installation to integrate future updates, but I would like to keep WU working for the ease of use.

Attached is my preset file. Thanks for looking into this.

Attachments

• windows10_19h2_x64.xml
    15.2 KB
Back