Optimize compilation time by utilizing all available threads

Kjell

I've recently upgraded my hardware from a i7-4770k @ 5.1GHz OC (4c/8t) to a Ryzen 9 5950X (16c/32t) CPU and I was hoping to cut the compilation time in half with NTLite. Naturally it's marginally faster but the compilation time is still extremely high. NTLite takes ruffly 22 minutes to compile with Txmmy's GamerOS plus all latest updates while that's not the case with other applications like Android Studio where my apk's compilation time is down to ~1 minute from 15 minutes

From a brief look at Task Manager it looks the CPU isn't being fully being utilized:
5950x.png
result.png

Naturally multithreading isn't easy to implement but nonetheless I figured it's worth the shot to ask for this feature :)

I've recently upgraded my hardware from a i7-4770k @ 5.1GHz OC (4c/8t) to a Ryzen 9 5950X (16c/32t) CPU and I was hoping to cut the compilation time in half with NTLite. Naturally it's marginally faster but the compilation time is still extremely high. NTLite takes ruffly 22 minutes to compile with Txmmy's GamerOS plus all latest updates while that's not the case with other applications like Android Studio where my apk's compilation time is down to ~1 minute from 15 minutes

From a brief look at Task Manager it looks the CPU isn't being fully being utilized:
View attachment 6073
View attachment 6074

Naturally multithreading isn't easy to implement but nonetheless I figured it's worth the shot to ask for this feature :)
How could I re enable showing information about compiling at the end? I accidentaly clicked "Do not show this in the furutre" long time ago

How could I re enable showing information about compiling at the end? I accidentaly clicked "Do not show this in the furutre" long time ago
I'm not sure but I'm guessing that your selection is saved somewhere in settings.xml or settingsUI.xml under C:\Program Files\NTLite

Maybe try this?
Code:
<SkipCompletedPopup>false</SkipCompletedPopup>

somewhere there is a setting so you can side by side processing, i think.
That's interesting, I looked around in the settings file and UI but I wasn't able to find it. Maybe you're thinking about Multi Instance Mode in NTLite (however, this mode just allows you to run multiple instances of NTLite)?

NTLite.exe /ThreadMax:[n]
This normally limits concurrency, I dunno what happens if you set this ridiculously high.

Back