What is your primary reason for using NTLite?

• Performance

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • IT (Information Technology)

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Hellbovine

Something I have pondered about is what the statistics look like regarding why people use NTLite, so I made a poll. Please keep in mind this is supposed to be fun and interesting. If it becomes popular enough, NTLite could refer to this poll as a form of feedback to help prioritize where future development should go, it may help prioritize things on the to-do list, and perhaps it may even prompt an official survey.

POLL INFORMATION
Most people modify Windows for these reasons:
- Performance
- IT (Information Technology)
- Security
- Privacy
- Customization

To keep the poll from being too diluted, these reasons were consolidated:
- If your primary focus is on gaming/overclocking/benchmarking, you would fall into the "Performance" category.
- If your primary focus is on managing an organization (sysadmin), you would fall into the "IT" category.
- If your primary focus is on increasing security/privacy, you would fall into the "IT" category.
- If your primary focus is on cosmetic customizations, decide what your next priority is and choose that category.

Last edited:
cant cast a vote because you only get 1 choice and i do a bit of everything so no votey votey from me.

In my opinion, you fit squarely into the performance category, since you run W7 which most people only do because they are performance focused, and also you strip it down to the bones, which is also performance focused. Sure, it also helps with privacy/security, but you have a lot of posts about flatlining Windows and such, most of which is discussing performance in those threads.

Last edited:
i dont strip an OS down to the bone anymore but i do strip it down resources wise.
Outright performance, chasing frame rates and benchmarking dont mean beans to me but making windows behave itself does.
NTLite is a small part(but still essential) of what i do.

i dont strip an OS down to the bone anymore but i do strip it down resources wise.
Outright performance, chasing frame rates and benchmarking dont mean beans to me but making windows behave itself does.
NTLite is a small part(but still essential) of what i do.
Who wants bones anyways besides a dog?

The biggest differential in NTLite for sure is the removal of components, for all other things there are more than 100 tools or scripts that do the same. NTLite can be more intuitive and more convenient because it has a GUI but I think the big most people look for it because of the power it has to debloat Windows. But that's just my opinion. I know that there are many people who use NTLite for other purposes like integrating updates, etc.

Back