Pop-up error regarding Defender & Edge while opening GPE & LSP

SM03

I remove EDGE & Defender from Win ISO via NTLite while modding, and for that, when I install that custom modded ISO (with Defender & EDGE removed), every time I open the GPE & SPE, I got these following error messages

GPE (4 pop-ups in the following order)
1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

SPE (2 pop-ups)

LSP1.png

LSP2.png

Is there any way to avoid these? Pinging nuhi

Also, suggesting to add a SPOILER TAG here in the post writing editor to cover up these kinds of Multiple images here, in order to make the OP precise & clutter-free.

I thought Edge policy templates are made available in a separate download. Is this plain Edge or ChrEdge?

I thought Edge policy templates are made available in a separate download. Is this plain Edge or ChrEdge?
garlin I am currently using 19041 aka 20H1 ISO & as far as I know, MSFT didn't include the new chromium powered EDGE yet so it is old EDGE. I post this here so that the developer nuhi can take care of this in the upcoming build. Meanwhile, if anyone have any solution to bypass these pop-ups, let me know.

Looks like it's not cleaning up the policy templates matched to the removals. For now, remove both .admx files (or other same-name Windows\PolicyDefinitions extensions). It's safe since they're just templates.

Looks like it's not cleaning up the policy templates matched to the removals. For now, remove both .admx files (or other same-name Windows\PolicyDefinitions extensions). It's safe since they're just templates.
Ah, why did I not think about this simple thing before asking here, so silly of me. Much Thanks garlin
I hope nuhi would fix this thing (not deleting those .admx files while removing a component) in the next build

SM03, cannot replicate this leftover, for me it's all cleaned.
Was Windows maybe updated after removals? Please run Remove Returns after any updates to clean it.

SM03, cannot replicate this leftover, for me it's all cleaned.
Was Windows maybe updated after removals? Please run Remove Returns after any updates to clean it.
nuhi
I am sharing my preset with you in PM, requesting to try with that, maybe that'd help you to understand & replicated the error regarding ADMX file leftover.

I also had that problem after using MSMG ToolKit and NTLite. How can I remove admx files?
those ADMX & any other files can easily be removed /deleted from the ISO's install.win manually & I did that by myself but that's not the point I am asking /posting here. The point is NTLite should delete all those leftover files (ADMX is just the example in my case here) for whatever component the user are removing from the ISO.

those ADMX & any other files can easily be removed /deleted from the ISO's install.win manually & I did that by myself but that's not the point I am asking /posting here. The point is NTLite should delete all those leftover files (ADMX is just the example in my case here) for whatever component the user are removing from the ISO.

I was talking about the ones in a live install and I don't know how to remove them via install.wim. I guess one can remove other things that way that NTLite with a free license can't.

Last edited:
I was talking about the ones in a live install and I don't know how to remove them via install.wim. I guess one can remove other things that way that NTLite's free license can't.
goto the install.wim & delete the file you want, easy. that's not restricted under any license paywall.

But I have to know which files/folders correspond to which components.
but you never told what is your issue exactly & which file or files precisely you want to delete & for what?

If it is the ADMX file then which/what ADMX file or files precisely?

If you're looking for the ADMX files of EDGE & WD, then they're located here
Windows\PolicyDefinitions

but you never told what is your issue exactly & which file or files precisely you want to delete & for what?

If it is the ADMX file then which/what ADMX file or files precisely?

If you're looking for the ADMX files of EDGE & WD, then they're located here
Windows\PolicyDefinitions

I just want to know how to remove those 4 prompts when running GPE and SPE (what's LSP that you mentioned on the thread's title?).

Last edited:
I wanted to be able to remove some components I can't with NTLite's free version so I wasn't talking about a particular one.

Never mind the AMDX files because I'm not having that issue anymore. I just wanted to know how to remove that 4 prompts when opening GPE (what's SPE, secpol.msc?) in case they showed up again.
you wanted, so now you either already have known or don't want to know any more or what?

And if you have any doubt or question, you can always post your own question by a separate OP.

you wanted, so now you either already have known or don't want to know any more or what?

And if you have any doubt or question, you can always post your own question by a separate OP.

I did a clean install in the host and in a VM using the image created by MSMG ToolKit and NTLite and I had no gpedit.msc and secpol.msc errro messages until I installed a CU. Now I have two secpol.msc erro messages and four gpedit.msc error messages.

EDIT: After using NTLite's Remove Reinstalls feature, I'm having one secpol.msc error message and two gpedit.msc erro messages.

Last edited:
I did a clean install in the host and in a VM using the image created by MSMG ToolKit and NTLite and I had no error messages when opening gpedit.msc and secpol.msc until I installed a CU. Now I have two error messages when opening secpol.msc and four when opening gpedit.msc.

EDIT: After using NTLite's Remove Reinstalls feature, I'm having one error message when opening secpol.msc and two when opening gpedit.msc.
OK, that finally sounds like repro steps.
Just missing which exact version of Windows to edit, with which preset, and then which CU to update with to remove reinstalls after it, is MSMG mandatory to reproduce the issue?

Thanks.

OK, that finally sounds like repro steps.
Just missing which exact version of Windows to edit, with which preset, and then which CU to update with to remove reinstalls after it, is MSMG mandatory to reproduce the issue?

Thanks.

I used a 19041.1 Enterprise x64 pt-pt image, had no secpol.msc and gpedit.msc error messages, installed the latest CU via WU and had secpol.msc and gpedit.msc error messages. After running NTLite's Remove Reinstalls feature, I no longer have these messages.

Attachments

• preset.xml
    31.8 KB
Last edited:
Back