Possible to remove XboxGameCallableUI dependency from the Xbox app?

ParaDoX94

The problem I'm having is that I'd want to remove the Xbox app that is visible but unselecting it will also unselect the XboxGameCallableUI, which renders the Xbox app completely inoperable (crashes to desktop) even if you download it back from the Store. I'd like to have an ability to disable them separately and keep the XboxGameCallableUI, so that if I suddenly need the app in the future, I wouldn't have to reinstall Windows or do a repair upgrade. This would be a non-issue if the Store would download everything but it doesn't.

When I uninstall Xbox with a PowerShell command, it removes everything except that and it's also stored in the SystemApps folder, so I'm quite sure it's because of this particular thing. I tried to search a way to reinstall it in case if I need it but it seems to me that it's impossible without reinstall.

EDIT: Nevermind, achieved it with a post-setup script.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have no problem severing the ties between those two applications, but just need a tiny bit more info. Consider it done in the next version.
You first remove the Xbox app, then install it. Is the purpose to only have nothing on the image, then install latest after deployment?

Thanks.

Sorry, I completely forgot that I wrote here.

Yeah, basically the goal is to have it removed but it should be restorable (and working) when installed back from the Store, in case it's needed in the future. I also use the same image for my friends, who kinda want a cleaner PC as well but I want to keep the possibility to download the app back if needed. The last thing I want is that when or if they go and get a game from the Store, the game just won't work because the Xbox app crashes.

EDIT: Still doesn't seem to work, so it must be dependent on some other thing. Still crashes when I download the Xbox app back. I can remove it with a post-install script that runs the "Get-AppxPackage "Microsoft.XboxApp" | Remove-AppxPackage" command, that's when it doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Back