Problem integrating KB5028185 on Win11 22H2

jvidal

Hi!
I'm trying to integrate the latest updates for win11 22H2, but when it is time to integrate the latest cumm update KB5028185 NTLite says : "Error 0x800710fe - this file is not available for use on this machine" (or words to that effect, it's in spanish) and skips it.

"Integrando: KB5028185 - Cumulative Update 22621.1992.1.7 - Error 0x800710fe - [4350] Este archivo no está disponible para usarse en este equipo."

what could be happening? I integrated last month's updates without any issues. I always start clean, extracting the original to iso to the working folder and using that as my source.

using NTLite 2023.6.9292, under win10 22H2.

Please attach your preset (after removing any user passwords or license keys). It's easier to see what NTLite thinks is going on.

Error 0x800710fe is "This file is currently not available for use on this computer". Do you have a 3rd-party anti-virus product?

Hi again!
here's the preset and no, no antivirus whatsoever, Defender disabled and no 3rd party AV.

I must add, that the first time I attempted the process, I got a different error, something about permission denied or something like that (I can't recall now), so I emptied the SSD drive I use as temporary storage for update decompression, image mounting, etc and tried again, that's when I started to receive this error.

I had just integrated the latest windows 10 updates and everything went fine (as usual). Then I started the process for windows 11 and stumbled upon this error, which is not immediate, it appears after a while of decompressing and integrating updates.

Attachments

• Sesión guardada automáticamente 9de16ec2.xml
    7.4 KB
That is a very simple preset, and should work. Have you changed any user or system permissions on the system? UAC bypass?
Other users don't report this problem, so your system is different. Attach the NTLite.log file.

absolutely nothing. Like I said, I had just processed win10 22H2 without any issues, as usual.
UAC has always been disabled.

EDIT: on the third attemp, I succeeded...weird.

I attached the log anyway.

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    105.5 KB
I remembered now, the very first error I saw was about install.wim being corrupted, So I started over with a freshly extracted ISO (like I always do anyway) and that's when I started getting the error I described.
I also checked all drives for errors, found nothing.

Back