Problem, NTLite cannot find updates for Windows 10 22H2

aaci

Problem, NTlite cannot find updates for Windows 10 22H2, the iso I uploaded is certainly obsolete, but it cannot find updates. I also tried with an ISO downloaded directly from Microsoft, but I have the same problem with any .iso I try to do it

1705343141644.png

Attachments

• 1705343108243.png
    1705343108243.png
    90.5 KB
  • ntlite update.jpg
    ntlite update.jpg
    79 KB
Probably a firewall issue.
Tried it now, works fine.

What does it state, which error was it? There is a retry button.
You can see more info in %temp%\ntlite.log

I did notice a slow delay earlier when NTLite was connecting to its server, but the problem went away.

Probably a firewall issue.
Tried it now, works fine.

What does it state, which error was it? There is a retry button.
You can see more info in %temp%\ntlite.log
Everything I see is in the screens... it doesn't give me any error code, basically nothing happens it's as if it doesn't connect to the server to check for updates, I used the word "error" because it appears next to the version of Windows
1705345599543.png

the logs in %temp% folder

P.S the error stays here, i try disable the firewall on both the modem router and the Windows one.

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    4.7 KB
  • NTLite_dism.log
    174.3 KB
Everything I see is in the screens... it doesn't give me any error code, basically nothing happens it's as if it doesn't connect to the server to check for updates, I used the word "error" because it appears next to the version of Windows
View attachment 11180

Try using the latest windows 10 iso from Media Creation Tool. the build is 19045.3803. It is Windows 10 22H2. and see if it happens with that image. I don't have a .2486 to hand, but the updates are there for .3803

Try using the latest windows 10 iso from Media Creation Tool. the build is 19045.3803. It is Windows 10 22H2. and see if it happens with that image. I don't have a .2486 to hand, but the updates are there for .3803

in fact, my first test was with an ISO taken from Microsfoft's Media Creation Tools, on January 7, but it gave me the usual problem, are you saying to try again?

in fact, my first test was with an ISO taken from Microsfoft's Media Creation Tools, on January 7, but it gave me the usual problem, are you saying to try again?
there is no harm in trying. i have just downloaded it myself and it is applying updates.

19045.2846 is April 2023 build. The current W10 MCT will create a copy of 22H2 May 2023.

NTLite should be able to find updates for both versions, unless there's a network problem. In your NTLite.log, it's checking over and over without any success.

there is no harm in trying. i have just downloaded it myself and it is applying updates.
Okay, I've downloaded the tool and acquired the latest Windows 10 ISO. I've mounted it on Ntfile (the 64-bit version of Windows Pro), but the situation remains the same1705348356392.png

the logs in %temp% folder

P.S the error stays here, i try disable the firewall on both the modem router and the Windows one.
Thanks for the log, it shows nothing, weird indeed. Never saw this.
I'll contact you with the test version with more logging around this.

Does the Updates Downloader still show an Error icon?
the outcome is always the one I reported in the screens above, no real error code appears other than the icon. Now I'll try on another computer on another internet line to see if it gives me the same problems.

Does the Updates Downloader still show an Error icon?
the outcome is always the one I reported in the screens above, no real error code appears other than the icon. Now I'll try on another computer on another internet line to see if it gives me the same problems.
on this machine it works, now the only differences between the two is that the first has Win 10 pro, while this one has Win 10 pro workstation (but this is definitely not the problem) the other difference is that here I have installed NTlite on disk C: while on the first computer on disk B:

Attachments

• 1705409918285.png
    1705409918285.png
    68.7 KB
on this machine it works, now the only differences between the two is that the first has Win 10 pro, while this one has Win 10 pro workstation (but this is definitely not the problem) the other difference is that here I have installed NTlite on disk C: while on the first computer on disk B:
OK, we can continue debugging the affected machine, I have sent you a private message (conversation) previously in the upper-right of this forum.

So, I've understood the issue; apparently, if I install NTlite on the system drive C: it works. If I install it on the B: drive, the updates don't work. Probably maybe because the letter B, along with A, is not used for disks but used to be assigned to Floppy drives.

So, I've understood the issue; apparently, if I install NTlite on the system drive C: it works. If I install it on the B: drive, the updates don't work. Probably maybe because the letter B, along with A, is not used for disks but used to be assigned to Floppy drives.
Glad you figured it out, but I'm having trouble replicating that.
Copied NTLite to USB stick, partition set to letter B, no issues getting the update list from it.

Will send you another test version, the first one with the connection test passed fine, so I was just thinking how to tackle the next try.
This will help.

Thank you.

Back