Problems with LTSC 2019

crypticus

I rebought my ntlite license for support to the software, and for more settings on my iso's, i thought maybe i can solve problems with new settings.... but with the new Enterprise LTSC 2019 i still have some problems i can't solve on my own..

Part 1
In settings app there are some crashes when i enter;
*data usage
*system>focus asist
*network & internet > data usage

Part 2
Also In settings app i can't change some settings it says “Some settings are managed by your organization” happens here;

*system>multi tasking>timeline
*system>notifications & actions >show reminders and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen

*phone

*personalization > start

*privacy>location
*privacy>activity history

Part 3
Also in personilization there is no microsoft spotlight option. There are no settings for it in lock screen part, so wallpaper is not changing in lock screen. is it because its LTSC?

Part 4
My action center doesn't have sticky light animation when mouse is on the buttons.
Action center light on quick actions missing, also my entire windows doesn't have any light or aero effect... is it because its LTSC?

My preset is attached.. no one helped in my last thread so i tried my best and couldn't solve my problems, also i changed my iso from 2016 to 2019 but i can't create usefull iso with my licensed ntlite. using ent ltsc 2019 x64 en or tr iso. thanks for help, checking every 5 hours. if you could write answers in a hierarchy i can understand them all

Last edited:
Im getting 403 on your 1st 2 tries and this isnt the 1st time youve had problems, a browser plugin maybe? Try SlimJet portable browser for posting here.

Im getting 403 on your 1st 2 tries and this isnt the 1st time youve had problems, a browser plugin maybe? Try SlimJet portable browser for posting here.

Using chrome with no plugins, blockers or antivirus... i think, it happens if you spend too much time while creating topic

Trying to replicate part 1 without success, the mentioned links in Settings all work fine after applying the attached preset.

Can you please double-check if this preset, with the latest NTLite, is actually having those issues?
Maybe there was something remove before or after it.
I tried Live, Image and update .1 to .104 afterwards, nothing breaks it as described.

Only thing not tried was to take the Turkish ISO, which is next, if you confirm.

Will reply to the rest later today, now gotta do some Sunday stuff.

Thanks.

Trying to replicate part 1 without success, the mentioned links in Settings all work fine after applying the attached preset.

Can you please double-check if this preset, with the latest NTLite, is actually having those issues?
Maybe there was something remove before or after it.
I tried Live, Image and update .1 to .104 afterwards, nothing breaks it as described.

Only thing not tried was to take the Turkish ISO, which is next, if you confirm.

Will reply to the rest later today, now gotta do some Sunday stuff.

Thanks.

i think this error causes when i use powershell command to erase all the modern apps?
maybe u can try ps1 file? (rename extension as ps1)

note: if u can tell me the modern app names of those settings i can exlude them from ps1 file.. (cuz not all app names are written in ntlite)

Last edited:
Well, this is about NTLite now, sorry I have no time to debug scripts.
Let me know if you confirm an issue with just using NTLite, or if NTLite fails after some custom actions which alone do not break anything.

About Part 2, "Some settings are managed by your organization", are the Settings set. E.g. for Location disabled, then that page is disabled, and so on.

I too am seeing odd issues with LTSC 2019. This morning I built a fresh install of Win 10 Enterprise v1809 - and ONLY slipstreamed the current Servicing Stack update (KB4465477) into the image. When I install this via MDT - the image picked up the missing Windows Updates (the Oct CU (4464330) and the latest Oct Adobe Flash update) from my WSUS server correctly.

However when I built the identical layout using a clean Windows 10 ENT LTSC 2019 iso - and slipstreamed (KB4465477) and then installed that to a VM using MDT - the install did not pick up anything from my WSUS server. The VM build number is 17763.1 instead of the 17763.55 that the normal ENT v1809 install is now up to.

While I usually bake in ALL available updates to my NTLite images - I have recently decided to just include the latest Servicing Stack updates to ensure I am in fact getting the correct remaining Windows Updates from my WSUS server when I do an install.

LTSC looks like it needs some more work.

Sonic

Let me know if you confirm an issue with just using NTLite, or if NTLite fails after some custom actions which alone do not break anything.

About Part 2, "Some settings are managed by your organization", are the Settings set. E.g. for Location disabled, then that page is disabled, and so on.

which settings are them exactly please write their names. and waiting for other parts solutions.

I too am seeing odd issues with LTSC 2019. This morning I built a fresh install of Win 10 Enterprise v1809 - and ONLY slipstreamed the current Servicing Stack update (KB4465477) into the image. When I install this via MDT - the image picked up the missing Windows Updates (the Oct CU (4464330) and the latest Oct Adobe Flash update) from my WSUS server correctly.

However when I built the identical layout using a clean Windows 10 ENT LTSC 2019 iso - and slipstreamed (KB4465477) and then installed that to a VM using MDT - the install did not pick up anything from my WSUS server. The VM build number is 17763.1 instead of the 17763.55 that the normal ENT v1809 install is now up to.

While I usually bake in ALL available updates to my NTLite images - I have recently decided to just include the latest Servicing Stack updates to ensure I am in fact getting the correct remaining Windows Updates from my WSUS server when I do an install.

LTSC looks like it needs some more work.

Sonic

yeah ntlite doesn't work as smooth as it was before with new ltsc iso. too many problems not enough answers.

Dear ege914,
from my past experience NTLite is a work-in-progress when it comes to supporting new Windows releases. It might require some iterations to Nuhi to full debug all the possible combinations and provide a fully working environment (this is mainly because MS changes lot of things, interactions, etc between releases). Also our help is so important for him to get to the point faster, helping him debugging different configurations.

Nuhi, if I can give you a suggestion: when you add support to a new Windows 10 version, do it in a "beta" version, so that everybody is aware of possible issues.

Fil

Dear ege914,
from my past experience NTLite is a work-in-progress when it comes to supporting new Windows releases. It might require some iterations to Nuhi to full debug all the possible combinations and provide a fully working environment (this is mainly because MS changes lot of things, interactions, etc between releases). Also our help is so important for him to get to the point faster, helping him debugging different configurations.

Nuhi, if I can give you a suggestion: when you add support to a new Windows 10 version, do it in a "beta" version, so that everybody is aware of possible issues.

Fil

I'm using this software more than 3 years now, i believe in it and i know the problems will be solved in the future. there is no problem for me... i don't worry i'm sure all bugs will be handled.

btw that script has only one important code. that is to remove all modern apps. released by microsoft.

I forund the crash problems, i was disabling some of the services. when i stopped using this command it fixed. so one of or more services from this list was causing crash issue at that 2 settings.

for /d %%G in (PcaSvc,SecurityHealthService,WpnUserService,WerSvc,ERSvc,WMPNetworkSvc,WdNisDrv,WdNisSvc,WinDefend,XblAuthManager,XblAuthManager,XboxNetApiSvc) do (
sc config %%G start= disabled
)

Fixed Part 1-2 and 4

part 3 still un solved

i think spotlight just doesnt work on ltsb/ltsc

thx for help. ?

Last edited:
Back