Error: ProductKey setting from the unattended answer file

crypticus

Hi i got this error on one of my pc. and not at the other ones.

i am deleting uıattended xml file from main directory of iso. beacuse i select copy to boot.wim..

is that the problem?

this is at the start of the setup. and if i press ok, it will continue to disk selection part. and after selecting disk there will be a bsod

@ege914, the productkey issue I saw with some Enterprise editions on VMware if key left empty.
I do know the reason, but what is not clear is why some Windows require empty productkey element, and some to not specify the key at all, if empty.
Try adding a generic key for that exact edition, that will fix it for sure.

BSOD, don't know, that shouldn't happen, let me know once the above is fixed.

It was on normal laptop not vmware... and this is only happening at my one laptop, so in my stuation i don't think it is iso-windows related...
there was pid.txt it has a key in it. i delete it because i already activate it with other ways after install..

np not that important just wanted to know why it happened.

OK, so it's not just VMware, but it is Enterprise edition, right? As I only saw that issue on it, and left it as is as one day I did fix it for myself then people started reporting issues in inverse, so I reverted it, that was about a year ago.

Probably obvious: if pid.txt is there, copy paste the key from it into the Unattended page, Setup Product Key, or use Autofill in the toolbar to do it automatically.

yeah kind of its EnterpriseS LTSB... interesting but not that important thanks... problem also solves it self if i don't remove unattend.xml file from main directory when i put it inside boot.wim

Back