Removing Quiet Hours (Focus Assist) breaks AutoPlay

AeonX

When I remove Quiet Hours (Focus Assist) AutoPlay stops working.

I refer to the notification or popup that appears when a CD/DVD is inserted or installing VMware Tools on a virtual machine on VMware.

I'm using version 2.1.0.7820.

EDIT:
I forgot to mention the Windows version. I tested with Windows 10 version 1909.

Last edited:
I tested again but in version 21H1 and the problem does not occur. However I am using NTLite 2.1.1.7917 (latest version). But I didn't see anything related in the changelog so it looks like a bug with 1909.

But it doesn't matter, I will use 21H1 from now on and I don't intend to test it again in 1909. NTLite has more bugs in older Windows builds (including 7 and 8.1) than in newer ones.

Clanger when i remove some 32-bit components in Windows 7 i get several problems. In Windows 10 everything works perfectly.

To name a few examples that I remember (but these are not the only ones):

- Paint 32-bit (remove at least the shortcut for the 64-bit part too, I didn't check if it removes the .exe);
- File Explorer 32-bit (the icons of folders opened in File Explorer are no longer grouped so I get a separate icon for each folder/window);
- MMC 32-bit components remove parts of MMC 64-bit components as well.

I reported several bugs here on the forum and I didn't see nuhi's interest in correcting them so I have only reported the most critical ones. For others, I simply avoid removing the affected components.

i wouldnt go that deep, splitting 32 and 64bit stuff but i get your point that there are many that do and those issues will be a problem for them. my only real concern is that some hifi usb dac's will be win 10 only(damn you schitt audio :mad: ) but pro/semi pro recording usb interfaces do support 7 and 8.1(tascam and focusrite).

i wouldnt go that deep, splitting 32 and 64bit stuff
Yes, I keep some 32-bit things like photo viewer for example that is used by some 32-bit programs. And for me this is not a problem because with Windows 7 I already get a very small image. For Windows 10 it is interesting to reduce the image a little more :)

Anyway, it was just an example. There are other problems that I don't remember right now.

photoviewer is a poo. it wont show a lot of images i save from firefox :mad:.
i use a cut down version of goggle(sic) picasa, much better :cool:

Back