it might related to win11 policy with memory i duno

im checking if it was the removing of pagefile
edit
yea it was the page file
i just enable it and used all the pc resources and everything went fine
laggy but no crashing and stuff

Last edited:
Translation:
Removing or reducing the page file is a common myth to improve system performance, with the wrong assumption that reducing the page file will force apps to stay in memory, instead of "swapping to disk". Every modern OS, including Windows past NT4 (blech) handles memory management just fine unless you're running crazy apps.

Windows needs the presence of a good sized page file as a security blanket for memory management, even if it never bothers to use the full allocation. The page size should always be equal to physical memory or larger, because that's where BSOD crash dumps get written. Without a page file, Windows has no fallback when memory is full. Random services get wiggy.

Last edited:
ive never had programs crash cos of no pagefile on xp 7 8.1 and 10, never. id rather pay another 36quid and get 16GB ram instead of 8.

That pagefile dates back to the 90's and especially with SS drives, why shorten the life of those (or any HDD) by unnecessary writes/reads??

Last edited:
yep. ms loves to play fast and loose with OUR storage :mad:
not once i got my mitts on it though. :cool:

16gb is in my internet machine, keeps firefox happy :mad:. workstations have 8gb single channel, helps keep costs down :) and id rather use the savings on bigger storage.

FF gobbles up ram like mad if im watching live streams on YT DLive and Odysee. plus i got a f-ton of plugins.
i only went to 8gb on a workstation so i could run a VM without bogging down the host.

Back